Sell my 2003 Rossa Corsa for an 8v Griso

turo

I know, stupid question of the day, yet...

Should I sell my 2003 Rossa Corsa for an 8v Griso?

Why? Because at 54 I think I'd like something more upright...
It's either that or start the journey of lower foot pegs and bar risers.
Also I hear the 8v engine is sweet:)

Thanks in advance:)

Bill Hagan had a Ballabio and now has a Griso (not sure if it's 8V). Even though the Ballabio is more upright than a Rosso Corca, he'd have a qualified opinion.

He always has an opinion, but this time it would be *qualified* . . .  :whistle:

• Like 1

No. Add the Griso to the garage. Don't sell the RC. Ride them both for a year. See how you feel then. At only 54 I think you'll regret giving up that awesome machine.

That's sort of what I did - bought an ntx stelvio, kept my v11 lemans, then after 3/4 months of not riding the v11 I sold it. I think I'd have kept the v11 if I could justify having a bike for perhaps 1 ride a year +/- looking REALY nice in the shed ...but I can walk after riding the ntx ( and I had lowered pegs on my v12)

The v11 motor is more visceral than the 8v , but the 8v is more flexible . I think my v11 gearbox was nicer than the stelvio, but I spent a lot of time sorting the v11.

• Like 1

Don't sell it. If you want higher bars then you can install ConverttiBars. RC is much more special then Griso 54 is not even close to age of straight up bars. A friend of mine is 67 and has all sport bikes. Another one is almost 71 but he installed higher bars on R1.

• Like 1

After the demise of my Tenni I purchased an 8V GRiSO, I am very happy with it. The things I miss however, are the lower, shorter bars and the fairing. I also hope to get the suspension sorted to match the ride of the Tenni. My GRiSO came with a Termi pipe installed (which I like). I find the stock exhaust a little over stylized, though I will keep it boxed for the next owner. I didn't move forward expecting an upgrade but a newer model may help keep me ahead of wear items and repairs. I will say all indications are that you should buy a post '12 or "rollerized" low mileage unit. Read threads on GRiSO Ghetto to get a handle on this issue. You mention riding position as a reason for making a move. The change to the stock bike is not that dramatic, many GRiSO owners opt for higher bars and lower pegs. I suggest you test one at a dealer to see if you like it. 

• Like 1

1997 V11 Sporti

The 1100i is by far my favorite bike ever. The character of that engine puts a smile on my face everyday, it handles very well...the suspension is more compliant, so even with a board of a seat, my butt doesn't kill me. I'm tall so the reach isn't that bad, the pain factor is: my neck as I need to extend it to look up and my knees, oh those high foot pegs. AND I have NEVER had a single problem with it, ever. I also know it has a defined purpose, just for Sundays, 3 to 4 hours is enough:) I could never sell it. 

The St-1100s are my vacation - 1 to 2 weeks on the road bikes.
The Rossa Corsa has a different purpose; 2 to 3 day, long weekends. Thus the basis of my question:) 

My thought is the Griso may be better suited for that 2 to 3 day jaunt.
I think it's test ride time - I can always sell the  VF1000R:)
Thanks for you feedback:)

• Like 1

Bill Hagan had a Ballabio and now has a Griso (not sure if it's 8V). Even though the Ballabio is more upright than a Rosso Corca, he'd have a qualified opinion.

He always has an opinion, but this time it would be *qualified* . . .  :whistle:

Noted.   :P

Actually, my first reaction was that of some others here: "Uhm ... turo ... how much for the RC?"  

But, as I have about 10 big-ticket items of all sorts vying for my limited discretionary pennies (e.g., a tractor, kayaks, another motorcycle (or two), etc.), I'd better pass.  

Or not.  Kathi did not roll her eyes when I mused aloud about it, so maybe I should leap.  That, or she just knows to ignore my ramblings.   :wub:

I have to say that I think the Rosso Corsa is the epitome of Guzzi moto-art.  Best-looking of any since 1921.  I lust after one as I do after -- truncated thought; Kathi is looking over my shoulder now.  :ph34r:

Anyway, gorgeous:

guzzi_rossocorsa3_large.jpg

So ... to the merits.

At 54, you are youngster!

I am 68 (gasp) and yet seem to have fewer of the "aches & pains" complaints that plague aging motorcyclists.  OTC drugs help, of course, but a beer or bourbon (or both :drink: ) at the end of the day see me through, too.  

My Ballabio was not such a timeless looker, but had its charms.

400322758303-1.jpg

It had the higher, wider bars that some of that series used, thus it was not quite the RC in various ways, tho I did add an Ohlins rear and Mistrals, which made it even finer.  I regret selling it whenever I think about it ... which is often.

That said, I always find it interesting to read that others who have or have ridden both beats find the V11 series "more visceral" than the 8v Grisos, and the latter "more refined."

Obviously, "YMMV" in all such things, but that is not how how I view the two.

IMO, my '10 Griso -- which is, btw, being "rollerized" at Rose Farm Classics just now -- is the brute worthy of its Italian literature namesake.  While its engine is indubitably more mechanically advanced -- spare me the DLC-disaster jokes  :( -- its conversion of fossil fuel to fun is, again, IMO, way more robust, UNrefined, and visceral than my beloved Ballabio.  The Griso is a rodeo bull compared to the Ballabio.  The latter never disappointed, but there is no comparison to how the Griso grunts, stomps, and delivers fun.

Shown here with my Norge along the Susquehanna River near Farrandsville, Pa., on SR 120.  I use this pic to illustrate that it can tour.  This was a four-dayer and -- as stated, with appropriate dosages of Mexican food, beer, and a Kentucky nightcap or two :bier: , I was (more or less) ready for the next riding day.   

i-fwSPDnv-L.jpg

Here is another pic, taken in Wisconsin, of it also rigged for longer trips.

2012-09-16_08-45-11_960.jpg

Yup, I love it, and pray -- rather literally if not selfishly -- that I have many more years of (safe) riding ahead.

Good luck with that decision; I recommend that you keep the RC ... and buy a Griso.  Every harem needs "diversity."   :grin:

Best,

Bill

• Like 1

sell it to me, what's your location?

The VF1000R or the Rosso Corsa:)

the Rosso but I probably don't have enough funds, what would it take to buy?  how far from Minneapolis are you?

sell it to me, what's your location?

The VF1000R or the Rosso Corsa:)

the Rosso but I probably don't have enough funds, what would it take to buy?  how far from Minneapolis are you?

Good question on location.

turo, if you don't mind, go to your profile and show something for "location," if even a continent.

FWIW, I'm in the "keep it if you can/ or sell it to me" camp! :grin:

He's a Yankee.  ;)

Worcester, Massachusetts.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8328&p=93636

Well, unless he's moved since '06.  I have ... twice.   :whistle:

Bill

I just sort of did the opposite Bill , bought a Ballabio yesterday at the Vancouver bike show while having an 012 Stelvio in the garage that I dearly love . I rode an 09 Griso for a couple of years but it gave me leg cramps sometimes and when I sat on the Stelvio for the first time my inseam appreciated it . 

I've always lusted after a spine and this 04 is mint with only 17000kms on it . Not sure how things are going to pan out but won't be selling the Stelvio anytime soon . I might lower the pegs on the V11 for some added comfort but the higher Ballabio bars feel ok . I still miss the Griso though and in hind sight should of lowered the pegs and remapped it to improve the fueling otherwise might still be in the garage ! Everytime I sell a bike (Guzzi) there is a grieving period .