Twelfth South'n Spine Raid 2016

Yes to all.

But ...

September 9-11, Tellico Plains vicinity, Tennessee, largely at The Lodge at Tellico.

More specifically, in the garage there . . . :luigi: :luigi: :nerd::bier:

I just realized how troubling appropriate "9-11" is for a SSR. 

Based on my observations of previous 'raids, it would be a toss-up whether the first responders would have blue or red flashing lights!    :whistle: 

And, whichever, might be as likely at the Lodge as on the roads.   :drink: 

Bill

Docc- Speaking of that colorful character George, what has he been up to lately? Has he come to his senses and abandoned his oriental ride for an Italian steed?

Anyone with the chutzpah to show up in armored underwear can ride anything he likes . . .

. . . what a guy. :grin:

True.  

Interestingly, while George is married to a very attractive 100% first-gen Italian lass ;) , he persists in riding a Honda 1300ST.

To prevent my untimely -- tho possibly deserved -- death at the hands of George, his comely bride, or (most painfully :wacko: ) Kathi, I had best avoid any further analysis, despite several explanations leaping to mind.  

Perhaps I might survive by simply noting that Nipponese machines require little maintenance, but deliver so much less joy than Italian moto-metal.  

Some men have their limits.  :lol:

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

As spring is performing its springing here, and the Sport rolled over 98,000 miles today, I'm motivated to revisit the raison d'etre of Spine Raids, and Spine Raiders.

The inaugural South'n Spine Raid was all about getting a few V11 together in order to get some 'semblance of understanding of their traits, transitions , and taming. This was 2004, about a year after :notworthy: Jaap launched this forum. It was massively revealing to put the four V11 side by side and pore over them.

Along with my 2000 Sport was  the 2002 LeMans of TheProfessorHisOwnSelf Andy York (now with something like 120,000+ miles), Bill Hagan on a 2003 Ballabio whose absence in his life haunts him to this day, and a beautiful black 2004 LeMans.  Since no photographic evidence exists of that event, we need say no more . . . :whistle:

With no SSR in 2005, we've gathered every year since in the TN/NC/GA mountains. The collective experience is beyond words. So many great folks, so many interesting bikes (not all V11 or even Guzzi), so many Tech Sessions (some rather impromptu!)

After moving the meeting place around for several years, we've settled on Walt and Anna's TheLodgeatTellico for so many reasons, not the least of which are Walt's garage and Anna's breakfast!  :luigi:  :food:

I am reminded to repeat the disclaimer: This is not an event, rally, or official gathering of any kind. It has nothing to do with V11LeMans.com, its owner, administrators, moderators, members, posters, spouses, offspring, or pets. There is no fee, no insurance, no sponsors, no map, no plan, no organization, no support. No , no T-shirt, sticker, patch, pin, or swag. There is no release to sign because there so no one to release any more than the last time you took your bike somewhere or showed up to talk with some fun folk. It's like Burning Man. Without the smells. :blink:

So, let's say some V11 are likely to be in Tellico Plains, Tennessee, the weekend of September 9-11. Some at Walt's (LodgeatTellico), but often folks stay all around. This year, a little nuance: the theme of the Slimey Crud Run, up in Wisconsin, seems a propos, especially for Saturday:

"Show up. Plan your own route."

:race: :race: :race:

Had so much fun last year and such wonderful people! Already have the weekend reserved for this years ride, really looking forward to it.

We're just over five months out, lads. :)

So, probably time to start getting rooms and finding roommates. Some of the rooms (DeLuxe?) include garage space, but the basics do not. We've always been able to make do, but want to respect Walt's (The InnKeeper's) obligations.

This weekend I'm running a sort of *support* for one of my favorite riding buddies doing a few sections of the TransAmericaTrail. So, next week I figure I'll firm up my lodging plans for the SSR. :rasta::luigi::drink:

We're just over five months out, lads. :)

So, probably time to start getting rooms and finding roommates. Some of the rooms (DeLuxe?) include garage space, but the basics do not. We've always been able to make do, but want to respect Walt's (The InnKeeper's) obligations.

This weekend I'm running a sort of *support* for one of my favorite riding buddies doing a few sections of the TransAmericaTrail. So, next week I figure I'll firm up my lodging plans for the SSR. :rasta::luigi::drink:

Thanks for the reminder, docc.

Went here: http://lodgeattellico.com/

Now have room ... and roommate.   :wub:

Ci vediamo a settembre!

Bill

My reservation has been made. I did notice it appears the garage amenity is no longer included with the premier level rooms. It looks like it is a flat $10 fee per bike, per day on a first come first serve basis.