Twelfth South'n Spine Raid 2016

My reservation has been made. I did notice it appears the garage amenity is no longer included with the premier level rooms. It looks like it is a flat $10 fee per bike, per day on a first come first serve basis.

Saw that.  Too bad, but understandable.

Walt & Anna are at not, obviously, corporate giants in the "hospitality industry," and I suspect -- especially sadly -- have been stiffed by moto-folks who taught them painful le$$0n$.

They seem pretty pleased with us as a group, and, while we are retired and hardly made of money, I am glad to help keep them in business.  

We look forward to the SSR.  Which Guzzi?  Not sure.  The Griso is ready for combat operations, and the EV seems always ready like the proverbial dude-ranch trail mare.  

I am, however, plodding -- and even that slowly -- along with getting the Norge back together.  Today, the valve covers, oil cooler, etc.  Tomorrow, I plan (really, only code for "hope") to reinstall the forks, and, time permitting (and it won't) R&R the front rotors and ABS wheel.  Victory may come in the month of that name ... May.   :whistle:

Bill

Bill,

Definitely not a complaint, just an observation. I was very happy with my Tellico Lodge experience last year and have no issue with the new garage policy.

Didn't think yours was a complaint  ... and even it had been, not an unfair comment anyway!

Still, thought I'd pass along my cheerleading for the Lodge for any newbie contemplating the SSR who might be put off by the cost.  It is not insignificant.  Sharing brings the cost down, but Kathi is the only roommate I want on this trip.   :wub:  :P

Heading down now to our "GITMO Room" to endure the treadmill, then to the Moto Grappa to befuddle myself with Part A and Tab B on the Norge.  :wacko:   :luigi:

Bill

BBH-Do you and Tim plan on taking the scenic route again this year or will you follow a more direct route? :-)

On two wheels, we only take scenic routes, tho it does help when a distillery or similar attraction is along the way.   :bier:

Apropos the scenic v. the slab, read in someone's forum tag line recently that "the shortest distance between two points is ... a damn shame."   :race:

But, in fairness to the 4-lane approach, just drove today from the top of Virginia to Owensboro, Ky., for the funeral tomorrow of my last Greatest Generation uncle.  Took I-68, I-79, and I-64 for 95% of the 600 miles.  What a gorgeous time of the year to travel, even at slab speeds in a cage.

Time now to zzzz, tho .... so, ciao.  :closedeyes:

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll try not to run out, well low anyway, of fuel on the return trip across the Cherohala Skyway this year.....

IMG_20150912_173857837.jpg
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...