Twelfth South'n Spine Raid 2016

Heh -  there was a little talk among the local Guzzisti about the routes and riding at the SSR. Someone had the impression that docc isn't "leading" a Saturday route and the comment was made, "Oh, he says that every year." :whistle:

Soooo, really, I'm not going to be riding much on Saturday; maybe to Tellico Plains for ice cream; up to the Cherohala to sit at an overlook and watch bikes ride by/ count Guzzis; go see a waterfall . . .

I figure several small groups will form up and go explore the fabulous roads all around the area and come back with tales small and tall.

Look at some maps, find interesting roads and come prepared to find your way around. Use this thread to talk up some of the riding and places and roads.

As I said back in March (and this is different from all prior years):

This year, a little nuance: the theme of the Slimey Crud Run, up in Wisconsin, seems a propos, especially for Saturday:

"Show up. Plan your own route."

I'll be looking to attend this year as I purchased a lovely 2000 model that I had discovered from a co-worker who had one but had not ridden it in some time. Got the deal of the century.

I had crossed paths with you folk many times over the last several years as I always attended the Guzzi Rally at TWO. Since Wayne changed the dates this year I can do both. Also, I was able to bear witness to the great "Crossover Repair".

i-KkwLJVg-XL.jpg

i-krSxbBS-XL.jpg

If we ever have to do one of those again, it will be under cover of darkness . . . :ninja: :ninja: :luigi:

I mean, look at the first picture. You know a repair is out of control when it draws a crowd of imaging devices and some dude pulls up a rocking chair. :whistle:

I'm certainly hoping Friday evening's reverie will cement some natural groups for Saturday's riding. One member has asked me for the Cherohala>Franklin Loop that we've ridden in the past and I emailed him screen shots of the route from Garmin BaseCamp.

I also have that route in Garmin .gpx if anyone wants it (pm me and I'll email it).

While we also once rode to the Guzzi dealer in Dahlonega, I understand they have closed up shop.  :( 

hey Docc, what would you imagine that loop takes time wise? given eating, resting and such, and not racin'... well, not REally racin'

Anyone else with a favorite road in the vicinity? I've been there but only passing through, and only following someone. And it's been awhile.

I've done the Gap 3 times and that's plenty. Seemed like anyway we went was great but some were heavenly.