Twelfth South'n Spine Raid 2016

Working through my fluid changes, battery conditioning, and otherwise getting the Sport ready-to-go.

Ulterior motive: NOT to become an impromptu Tech Session! :o

Oh come on......I'm bringing the Michter's !

Ho-yeah! I don't wanna be the Guzzi that we have to sprinkle with the Michter's and set it alight!  :rasta: 

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year! Hopefully the storm brewing south of the Gulf will have blown thru completely by the time we get to the ride. Is everyone bringing a spare set of keys unless we misplace one....:-) Were the lost keys from last year ever recovered? :-0

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year! Hopefully the storm brewing south of the Gulf will have blown thru completely by the time we get to the ride. Is everyone bringing a spare set of keys unless we misplace one....:-) Were the lost keys from last year ever recovered? :-0

SOooo, the *Invest99L* tropical development currently over Cuba may give this region a rain event next (Labor Day) weekend, but (if all is well with The Universe) may suck a tremendous high pressure dome over us like a Sno-Cone on a sandy beach . . . :sun:

. . . funny thing . . . about having spare keys . . . now there are *numerous* riders I know with a spare key at hand. (That, rather nefarious, key did re-present itself, but only after a memorable day of learning experiences :blink: / we thought we had it "licked" by removing the ignition switch, only to discover about a hundred miles away that the key would be needed to refuel! :o

If you need a locksmith in a small town on a Sunday afternoon for something as obscure as these Moto Guzzi, you will do no better than to find a retired  :notworthy: US Navy Chief/ bonded locksmith that will absolutely NOT quit until the mission is accomplished. :thumbsup:

Bluebaoarhound- The LeMans is in the garage patiently waiting for us to get back up to our place we bought in Hiawassee, Ga. I hauled it up there in June so it could re-acclimate itself on twisty roads with hills higher than a street overpass. Hopefully there wont be any "pre-transit incidents" which require replacement parts. Be-sides, the Aprilia is staying in Florida. Are you bringing the Red Baron again this year?

Docc- for some odd reason Mother Nature has an uncanny ability to form a tropical storm that seems to arrive annually every Labor Day weekend just when people have their end of summer outdoor events planned. Lets keep our fingers crossed for sunshine.

I'd really like to attend, but it's at the same time as the Midwest Antique Airplane fly in. It's a chance for me to hang out with the Kid and play airplane. 

Rats. So many toys and things to do, so little time. :huh2:

I'd really like to attend, but it's at the same time as the Midwest Antique Airplane fly in. It's a chance for me to hang out with the Kid and play airplane. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Last time I tried to visit you -- on a Guzzi, I might add! -- at that airshow, they wouldn't let me in, so I think this is all an excuse for you and your girlfriend to have a weekend.  I'm telling, too.   :grin:

Bill

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Last time I tried to visit you -- on a Guzzi, I might add! -- at that airshow, they wouldn't let me in, so I think this is all an excuse for you and your girlfriend to have a weekend.  I'm telling, too.   :grin:

Bill

no no, Bill.. that was the National Antique airplane fly in, the week before the Midwest fly in. I could have gotten you in if I'd have known, of course. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Bill

no no, Bill.. that was the National Antique airplane fly in, the week before the Midwest fly in. I could have gotten you in if I'd have known, of course. 

Yes, it might have helped had I told you I was coming.   :thumbsup:

But I did get to talk for a while to a cute "gate guard," and see some magnificent airplanes from the distance and rolling around in the sky.  Incomparable sounds.

Come visit us at the top of Virginia some time.

Bill

Any space for a late addition?  What if I show up on a Stelvio instead of the V11?!

It looks like there is still at least 1 room available.  I'm not certain I can make this work, but I'm going to try.  It would be great to actually meet some of the forum in person!

Hey, danl!

You may not have only Stelvio depending on what motowfo decides upon. Or, rather, whether both of his cylinders decide to cooperate.

Not sure the status of rooms, but it's likely you can find a place to bunk. Perhaps someone with a space will speak up and you'll have something more certain . . .