Twelfth South'n Spine Raid 2016

I like your cistern set up Bill. I that a dedicated, or a re purposed?

I think the 'little white hand' meant the cursor :)

We have two TSC rain barrels that look and work well enough, but only hold 55G each.  One's at the house for flowers there; the other down near those ones you saw in the pix.

The two big guys are German feed or something tanks that, once used, are all over the market,  We paid about $100 each for ours.

Hooked up to the gutter system to the Moto Grappa, they hold 1000L/300G each.  Impressively -- and as an illustration about how much surface even a roof of a 50x30 building has -- one big thunderstorm will fill them in an afternoon!

We have a number of new trees that require weekly watering in the summer (25 or so gallons each) and that worried us enough about depleting our well that we tried the rain route. So far, so fine.

Cursor?  Hadn't thought of that. Maybe. I'd like to think so, but my "little white" cursor is an arrow.  Mebbe a Mac thing.  

Thanks.

Bill

Well, I was able to get paroled from work Friday, and there was still a cabin available, so you may have to put up with me this weekend.

Excellent! This is so-freakin'-great!

Can't wait to see you, man!  :thumbsup:

I like your cistern set up Bill. I that a dedicated, or a re purposed?

I think the 'little white hand' meant the cursor :)

We have two TSC rain barrels that look and work well enough, but only hold 55G each.  One's at the house for flowers there; the other down near those ones you saw in the pix.

The two big guys are German feed or something tanks that, once used, are all over the market,  We paid about $100 each for ours.

Hooked up to the gutter system to the Moto Grappa, they hold 1000L/300G each.  Impressively -- and as an illustration about how much surface even a roof of a 50x30 building has -- one big thunderstorm will fill them in an afternoon!

We have a number of new trees that require weekly watering in the summer (25 or so gallons each) and that worried us enough about depleting our well that we tried the rain route. So far, so fine.

Cursor?  Hadn't thought of that. Maybe. I'd like to think so, but my "little white" cursor is an arrow.  Mebbe a Mac thing.  

Thanks.

Bill

Thanks. I'd like to find a big one or 2 of those German feed things. I need auxiliary water too. Doesn't everybody?

So I changed my little white arrow to black, which makes it easier to see! I also found a feature to "find" my cursor by hitting ctrl. That's cool. My black arrow still turns into a little white hand when it touches to highlight. So I blame Win10.

Well, I was able to get paroled from work Friday, and there was still a cabin available, so you may have to put up with me this weekend.

Super.   :mg:

Bill

In a high hover here. 

So many tasks before launch, but watering trees trumps all.  

That done, loaded the EV and hitched to li’l truck.  

Now to pack stuff, including tools needed to completely dismantle the EV, perform depot-level repair & maintenance, and then reassemble and ride … all at a Cherohala overlook.   :luigi:

i-F7GwLWS-L.jpg

i-Q7CKXz8-L.jpg

i-PRvHBnN-L.jpg

Lanciamo domani mattina!   :race: 

Bill
  • Like 1

Courses are laid in, weather-eye on the horizon . . .

Brand new rear Pirelli Angel GT .  .  . leaning up in the corner of the shop  .  .  .  :whistle:

Sounds to me like someone will be keeping the jackrabbit starts to a minimum but still fully expect some of those famous full throttle uphill climbs.

Still at Tellico Plains, but will leave later today.  

Here's one pic of the SSR, with more from me and others to follow.   :mg:

What a grand time.

Bill

i-4r7MvVm-L.jpg

Ten Spine Frames , four other Guzzi, and two V-twin sportbikes from nine States.

What a grand time! Best, yet! Excellent, wonderful, fabulous folks! :notworthy:

. . . and, of course, no shortage of TechSessions . . . :luigi: