Looking at a 2000 V11 Sport

Antiquar

Or connect the two vacuum ports with a short length of rubber hose for even more balancing goodness... ;)

Interesting. Have you ridden with and without this vacuum line? What are the results?

I've tried both ways:  Blocking the ports, and linking them with tubing.  I don't notice any difference.

One difference I did notice almost zero hiccupping at 2900 rpm  --  After I did my valve clearances.  0.006" in. and 0.008" exh.   I found them slightly on the tight side.  

Or connect the two vacuum ports with a short length of rubber hose for even more balancing goodness... ;)

Interesting. Have you ridden with and without this vacuum line? What are the results?

Have not directly compared. Bike came that way. But when I suddenly have a weird idle thats the first thing I check.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my OBD2 and adapter cables and hooked up GuzziDiag to the bike today. Throttle sensor voltage looks good. CO Trim is already set to 0. I'll poke around a bit more and take a look at the map but I think I might leave it alone. The bike's running well. 

I'm feeling pretty confident in the bike now. Heck this bike has needed less sorting in the first couple months than my Beemer did. According to other forums it was supposed to have fallen apart by now.

ToDos:

• Lube up the drive shaft and splines.
  • Replace 30A charging fuse with 30A Maxi fuse.
  • Replace idiot lamps with LEDs. 
  • Inspect, fix grounding issues, and possibly replace impossibly vague Veglia gauges.