Two to one V11 exhaust?

toofat2fly

Got this 2 to 1 exhaust with the Tenni. Looks like it's gonna bark like a mad dog... Any idea who made it or if it's any good? I have two carbon Mistrals on it and they sound quite nice. Maybe this little bomb will scare the hell of all pirate geared Harley guys?

image.jpg

Dig it! You're right, that set up will roar. Mid range might suffer a bit though, but it would be worth the aural experience to fide it until your neighbors revolt!

Andy

Without seeing the size of the baffle tube / muffler output it is hard to know how loud or quiet it will be. In general, two into one collectors add a certain amount of sound reduction, so you might be surprised at the sound levels. As to power, a two into one, if properly designed and made, tends to make more mid-range. A two into two system tends to have an advantage on top. But that is a generalization, length and diameter of tubes can alter things.

As an example to sound levels, My Griso has a two into one set up with a pretty f'ing large muffler baffle tube. It is only a little louder than the wifes V11 with the standard Mistrals (no db killer) with their smaller muffler baffle tubes.

Power wise, her bike makes more max power on top but the griso holds its own in the mid-range.

I say throw it on there and see what you think. Sound levels can often be adjusted by fitting some sort of db killer. The big difference between the two into two and the two into one is the WAY it sounds. The two into one tends to be less "thuddy" with more of a snarl. I personally prefer the sound of the two into one, but the wife prefers the thud of the two into two.

• Like 1

Performance will suffer and noise will be obnoxious OR performance will REALLY suffer and noise will be high.Take your pick.

There's a reason large capacity twins generally have twin mufflers. See if you can guess why.

Ciao

You never know HOW obnoxious, unless you try.

Since I have it, I can might as well slap it on and see what happens...

Right? I remember having my canisters off and taking the beast for a blast with just the under-muffler .

An intense, flame-throwing blast! Sure the valves probably wouldn't last like that, but it was intense! :sun:

Performance will suffer and noise will be obnoxious OR performance will REALLY suffer and noise will be high.Take your pick.

There's a reason large capacity twins generally have twin mufflers. See if you can guess why.

Ciao

What?

Guzzi sells plenty of big twins with two into one ppipes stock. So do other brands like Aprilia, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, etc..

The main reason for two into two exhausts is looks.Being a two into one system does not automatically make it louder than a two into two. It can be louder, but it can be quieter. My Griso with the stock two into two into one pipe is as quiet as the wifes V11 with the stock pipe. My Griso with the two into one aftermarket pipe and the db killer I put in is quieter than either the wifes V11 or my Daytona, both with aftermarket two into two set ups.

You may find that with a large open muffler it is too loud, but you could also restrict that large open baffle with a DB killer if required to quiet it down. It comes down to tastes.

Ciao

What?

Guzzi sells plenty of big twins with two into one ppipes stock. So do other brands like Aprilia, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, etc..

The main reason for two into two exhausts is looks.Being a two into one system does not automatically make it louder than a two into two. It can be louder, but it can be quieter. My Griso with the stock two into two into one pipe is as quiet as the wifes V11 with the stock pipe. My Griso with the two into one aftermarket pipe and the db killer I put in is quieter than either the wifes V11 or my Daytona, both with aftermarket two into two set ups.

You may find that with a large open muffler it is too loud, but you could also restrict that large open baffle with a DB killer if required to quiet it down. It comes down to tastes.

Correct answer.....Unless you want a pig ugly exhaust and muffler system then to get the performance and keep the sound legal you need a 2 into 2.

The Griso is a good example of what I'm talking about,ugly as sin, and although I haven't been inside one its debatable whether its a single muffler or a siamesed unit, what with its twin outlets and all.Wont even bother with the Suzuki twin range and their attractive twin cylinder range muffler....not.

You simply cant keep the noise reasonable and the performance good with a muffler as pictured in the original post.

Ducati tried the single muffler design with their 999 years ago and to get the performance they had to resort to an ugly box.

Do you really think that simply adding a DB killer to your single aftermarket muffler doesn't destroy any perceived performance gains you may or may not have got?

If it was that easy we wouldn't have the giant ugly boxes we all have to put up with stock. 

Ciao