Stucchi Crossover source in US?

4corsa

Discontinued. C/L or e-bay now. The Mistral are still made and a bit better. The Stucchi ones were known to crack. Guzzitech also makes one close to the Stucchi design but better stainless.

• Like 1

Could this post be helpful for your choice?

www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11564#entry122911

"Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

My wife's out of town, and we had both the Stucchi and Mistral crossovers in stock, so I took the set home to try for the weekend and gather some impressions. Previously, I had had an FBF crossover on my bike and had liked the top-end rush it facitlitated. Then, because the FBF crackes, I switched back to the stock crossover for 6 monthes.

First, I tried the Stucchi. It's a really nice piece. Heavy construction, much of it double-wall. The design is the same as that of the FBF I had mounted previously, but the Stucchi is built like a tank in comparison. The FBF lasted me about 2 months and then cracked along the weld. Despite the signifiacant fact that I am a seller of those things, FBF has yet to warranty it, though I have been trying since last fall/ Screw 'em; six months of trying is too much. About half of them I have sold have cracked, as well. Avoid FBF crossovers like the plague.

Sound: The Stucchi sounded really deep and mellow, like the FBF. Performance: Like the FBF, it was a top-end crossover, not really adding much on my '04 until 6,000 rpm and up. It may have reduced the torque hole from 3,000-4,0000 rpm on my bike, but not by much. There's no way to use it with a centerstand without ballpeaning big divots in the crossover. This would not be easy in such a stoutly constructed piece. Overall impression was nice construction but not suited to my needs.

Then, I tried the Mistral crossover. Like the Stucchi, it is built very stoutly. The stainless is thick, and the welds are nice. It has less "crossover' (shared piping) than the FBF or Stucchi. This might make a big differeence on the earlier bikes without a crossover in front of the engine. Who knows? On the '04 Billy Bob it fit nicely. Best of all, I only had to knock a little divet into the right leg of the centerstand to make it work with the centerstand. Then, it fit like the stock crossover, but what a difference in performance and sound compare d to the stock crossover. Soundwise, it snaaaaarrllss, by comparison. In fact, it's right on the cusp of being too loud when you really get on it. This crossover is all about low- to mid-repm throttle response. From 1,500 rpm to 3,000 rpm, it jets forward, by comprison. I f you ride in trafffic, this is the one you need. From 5,500 or maybe 5,000 rpm on, the Stucchi feel stronger; below that, the Mistral stomps it. By feel, thoroughly.

I'm keeping the Mistral because it just suits my riding style better, plus, then I can keep my lovely centerstand." 

If you want to invest in a top-notch system, this is it: "DÄS-Auspuffanlage konisch D50x1"    http://www.daes-mototec.de/index.php/shop.html
I don't know if it's available in the US but you could order it from Germany.

• Like 1

Thanks all. I think I'll just go with the Mistrals from MG Cycle, that is unless someone has a used one they need to unload...

• 1 month later...

I recently found an unused Stucchi crossover on e-bay, I combined the crossover with some exhaust headers from an '01 sport.  This allowed me to delete the sagging forward crossover on my '03.  I think it looks better too.  I had to cut about an inch off one side of the crossover to get the muffler to line back up into the right position.  It's heavy gauge metal !

Update:

I bought the Mistral crossovers from MG Cycle a few weeks ago and installed. Love them!  I have to say, i'm surprised how much louder the exhaust is now.  I replaced my stock mufflers Mistral straight-through cf mufflers last year (without the included db killers) and it made far less of a difference than the crossovers. Not sure why that is.  I would say it is now about twice as loud as stock now. Before adjusting the Power Commander fuel mapping, It was hard to tell if there is a performance difference - the sound alone makes you feel like you're accelerating faster - lol!

After loading the updated Power Commander fuel map for Mistral mufflers and crossover, it really does feel like its pulling harder and reaching redline quicker now - highly recommend this modification!

Great to hear! Gordon from MG Cycles is good people.

The Mistral seems to be better constructed when you compare them.

A new crossover changes the bike a bit. Almost no restriction.

• Like 1

I've owned all three and I'd say both the Mistral and the Stucchi are both well built but the Mistral fits the best while the Stucchi needs tweaking.  Unfortunately the FBF crossovers tend to crack after a while.  I even added bracing to mine when it was new and it still cracked after about 20k miles.

I found that all of the aftermarket crossovers were louder than the stock unit. Years ago someone posted cutaway pics of the Mistral, Stucchi, and  FBF crossovers, and the Mistral had a relatively small (1 inch diameter?) crossover opening between the two pipes compared to much larger openings in the Stucchi and FBF.  There were pics of a cut open stock crossover too and it is really just a baffle box.

I think that the Mistral is the loudest of the bunch because the small crossover opening means most of each exhaust pulse will stay in one pipe & muffler instead of splitting more between both mufflers.  Stucchi and FBF allow both mufflers to share more of each pulse with their larger crossover openings so they are a little more mellow.  I suppose that's why the Stucchi/FBF are a little stronger at high rpms, the exhaust has less restriction beyond the crossover.

• Like 1

Yes, I can confirm that the Mistral Crossovers fit nicely, very little wrestling to install.

Almost forgot, one great unexpected plus to the Mistral Crossovers - I've got no more pinging under heavy acceleration in high gears in the mid rpm range! Not sure why or if it also may have to do with the fuel remapping, but finally no more pinging.

• Like 1