Well played, Sir; well played.  

Bill

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 7:53 AM, Kane said:

Hmmm....looks like Paris.

Nope!

It is Italy. There is an easy tale tell... it could be Milano, but other cities have the same clues that you only find there...

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, LowRyter said:

I see Paris

I see France

I see someone's....nope

Not Paris, not France...

For the rest, I don't know..

The paving arrangement is the give away. This is typical of older Italian streets, and you see a lot of them in cities. The tramway railroad compels me to say it is Milano.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, p6x said:

Not Paris, not France...

For the rest, I don't know..

The paving arrangement is the give away. This is typical of older Italian streets, and you see a lot of them in cities. The tramway railroad compels me to say it is Milano.

arya serious? 

Y'knaw, I wazn't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 7/17/2021 at 2:28 PM, LowRyter said:

arya serious? 

Y'knaw, I wazn't. 

oh! I thought you were... it is difficult to tell with written narratives, especially shorts. I was just trying to bring some perspective, and I was not trying to one up or anything like this.

• Like 2

I hope that I am not going to offend anybody....

This is an old "for adult cartoons" French magazine, which only cost six Francs, so a very old one indeed. As you can see, the choice of the bike and individuals correspond;

Prolo is short for Proletaire or Proletarian in English... the guy wears an overall, which symbolized that.

Prolo l'enciclopédé

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, p6x said:

I hope that I am not going to offend anybody....

This is an old "for adult cartoons" French magazine, which only cost six Francs, so a very old one indeed. As you can see, the choice of the bike and individuals correspond;

Prolo is short for Proletaire or Proletarian in English... the guy wears an overall, which symbolized that.

Prolo l'enciclopédé

But , he is a happy prole !

On 6/8/2021 at 10:01 PM, Kane said:

Well, as far as bums on a bike go, this is a Honda, not a Guzzi, but do you all remember the movie, “Vanishing Point”? 

A6A565D1-F681-4326-A9D5-186D07511EB8.jpeg

It may not be “Citizen Kane”, but that movie, along with “Easy Rider”, and “Electra Glide in Blue”, had as much to do with anything to put me in the saddle. As a very wee lad, me and my pals would jump the chain link fence at the local drive-in and appropriate a speaker where we would sit at the very back of the lot watching these motoplotation movies. It wasn’t long after seeing “Easy Rider” and wearing out the soundtrack LP, that I was able to get my hands on a Briggs and Stratton powered mini bike.....and here I am, still looking at bums on a bike.

https://youtu.be/GqLQLPt0yp4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1