Gratuitous Pics of Girls + Guzzi

Do you think she is a passenger only? being the pillion on such a bike must be so uncomfortable that I am saying it is her own bike.... it is not specified; of course, someone took the photo. It would have been wise to take a pic with another bike in the shot, to dissipate any doubt. What do I know....

I have doubts on how she manages to fit her hair in that helmet, and not looking tousled. To those of you who have a Panigale, is there any room in the tool kit to store combs, brushes, eye liners, lipstick?

20220228 gloria RIM

• Like 1

Point of order!

I haven't been spending enough time here, as my "likes" seem to have stopped last summer.  Maybe Kathi busted me?

Anyway, so I started wandering through the thread -- and "daydreaming" as @nobleswood euphemistically calls it :lol: -- and mashing the "Like" button (and needing an "Especially Like" button for several).   :notworthy:

Then, just as I am getting rolling, I get this:

i-bzHSKv9-L.png

That is so wrong.  I'd call a lawyer, but don't know any good ones.  :grin:

Mods note that I followed the rules by including entire screenshot. :P

Yes, I know; check out the thread more often and I'd not get that annoying pop-up.  

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Bill Hagan

I recently pestered about that very same restriction.

You are aware there is a leaderboard on this forum, and to appear in it, you need to have obtained a certain number of "likes" for your posts.

I suppose the pages are coded in order to avoid someone getting too many "likes" from a "friend"; because obviously, the only reason anyone posts threads here is to get on top of the leaderboard!!!!

In fact, every single day, I check my ranking, hopeful to get to the top spot, in order to brag about it at the bar...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, footgoose said:

rank? what is a leaderboard? clearly not paying attention

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/leaderboard/

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topmembers/

As you can see you are ranked as well.

Everything you do in life is analyzed and graded.

Congratulations! you are a top member...

4 hours ago, p6x said:

@Bill Hagan

I recently pestered about that very same restriction.

You are aware there is a leaderboard on this forum, and to appear in it, you need to have obtained a certain number of "likes" for your posts.

I suppose the pages are coded in order to avoid someone getting too many "likes" from a "friend"; because obviously, the only reason anyone posts threads here is to get on top of the leaderboard!!!!

In fact, every single day, I check my ranking, hopeful to get to the top spot, in order to brag about it at the bar...

I tried to "like"yours, but being of short memory (and shortening more every day! :oldgit:) got pulled over by the site's IT Carabinieri. :ninja:

4 hours ago, footgoose said:

rank? what is a leaderboard? clearly not paying attention

Ditto here.

4 hours ago, p6x said:

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/leaderboard/

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topmembers/

As you can see you are ranked as well.

Everything you do in life is analyzed and graded.

Congratulations! you are a top member...

I think I'll go look at that.  Suspect I'm mere middle tier at best ... unless it counts "likes," as I do lots of those.

Bill

P.S. Edited this rather than making a new post to avoid allegations of padding my file. :grin:  Anyway, I see I was once a "Past Leader," and, darn it, must have missed the party.  :huh2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Bill Hagan I think this site's provider "invision community" still uses older techniques to keep the forum members to contribute.

Since the majority of the people on this site are senior citizen or close to, I don't think it is necessary...

In other words, "talking" to the forum is (sadly) one of the few remaining perk in life, for some of us. Unless of course, you do the ultimate thing:

-riding a V11

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Bill Hagan said:

P.S. Edited this rather than making a new post to avoid allegations of padding my file. :grin:  Anyway, I see I was once a "Past Leader," and, darn it, must have missed the party.  :huh2:

"send not to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee":nerd:

• Like 1

WHOA!

I just got this (again) when I tried to "like"... the ones I missed yesterday, starting with p6x's ...

i-8tVKzXZ-L.png

Do Dutch days not end and restart at midnight?  

Which midnight?

Amsterdam?

GMT/UTC/Zulu?

Maybe it's some spin of DST?

Banned in Romeo,

Bill

21 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

WHOA!

I just got this (again) when I tried to "like"... the ones I missed yesterday, starting with p6x's ...

i-8tVKzXZ-L.png

Do Dutch days not end and restart at midnight?  

Which midnight?

Amsterdam?

GMT/UTC/Zulu?

Maybe it's some spin of DST?

Banned in Romeo,

Bill

I think the host of the community is located in the USA, but I have not checked.

You know that website hosts can be held (almost) anywhere in the world. My company had ours in the Netherlands because of geopolitical restrictions within the USA. But I don't think it affects our forum.

To give you an example, if we had members in Sudan, and the site was hosted in the USA, they would not have the right to join. If instead the site was hosted in the Netherlands, they could.

When you go over a threshold, there is a cool down period. It varies with different parameters. It is possible that you get more than 24 hours cool down. I think Google has that feature, the more wrong attempts, and the more time you need to wait to try again.

You are correct also in not knowing when 00:00 UTC occurs in a server. I think this can be the privilege of the leaser.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, p6x said:

I think the host of the community is located in the USA, but I have not checked.

You know that website hosts can be held (almost) anywhere in the world. My company had ours in the Netherlands because of geopolitical restrictions within the USA. But I don't think it affects our forum.

To give you an example, if we had members in Sudan, and the site was hosted in the USA, they would not have the right to join. If instead the site was hosted in the Netherlands, they could.

When you go over a threshold, there is a cool down period. It varies with different parameters. It is possible that you get more than 24 hours cool down. I think Google has that feature, the more wrong attempts, and the more time you need to wait to try again.

You are correct also in not knowing when 00:00 UTC occurs in a server. I think this can be the privilege of the leaser.

Hey, my like just worked.

You scared it.  Well done.  :D

Bill

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bill Hagan said:

Hey, my like just worked.

You scared it.  Well done.  :D

Bill

But I have since -- as a result of my enthusiastic reviews of earlier posts, an apparent parole violation :( -- again been transported to "banned camp" 

• Haha 4