Difference between frame plates 1100 sport (95) carb and 1992 Daytona

Johan11

Hello,

this may sound like a silly question, and maybe there is an obvious answer I overlooked :-)

I've just acquired a 1992 Daytona, but found the frame plates have little cracks between the footpeg mounting holes and the rear fork mounting holes.

I'm looking to replace them, but not sure if I can use the frame plates from the 1995 1100 sport carb. They look virtually identical, except the footpeg mount hole. (a round vs a rectangular raised area).

Are they interchangeable? 

Johan

• 4 years later...

I know, I know, the thread is four years old but I noticed it while perusing around the forum. For anyone else that happens to see the thread and is wondering the same the answer is yes.

I retrofitted Sport 1100 pork chops and footrests onto my Daytona 1000 with no problems. Any of the carbureted Sport 1100 pork chops will fit the Daytona 1000. Yes you must also use the Sport 1100 footrests. The added bonus is that the Sport 1100 footrests are sprung whereas the Daytona 1000's were not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Blueboarhound said:

I know, I know, the thread is four years old but I noticed it while perusing around the forum. For anyone else that happens to see the thread and is wondering the same the answer is yes.

I retrofitted Sport 1100 pork chops and footrests onto my Daytona 1000 with no problems. Any of the carbureted Sport 1100 pork chops will fit the Daytona 1000. Yes you must also use the Sport 1100 footrests. The added bonus is that the Sport 1100 footrests are sprung whereas the Daytona 1000's were not.

Good to know. Hopefully it will never come in handy, but you never know.....

I changed mine because my leg tended to inadvertently push them into the upright position when stopped. The sprung Sport 1100 footrests solve that.

Plus the original Daytona pegs look like they're off a '78 Sportster, the Sport 1100 ones are much better looking.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blueboarhound said:

I changed mine because my leg tended to inadvertently push them into the upright position when stopped. The sprung Sport 1100 footrests solve that.

Plus the original Daytona pegs look like they're off a '78 Sportster, the Sport 1100 ones are much better looking.

But I can swap footpegs without changing the porkchops......

But I am glad it worked out for you.