Roper Plate Group Buy

Scud

Let's see if we can get enough commitment to justify a run of authentic Roper Plates. I'd like one for my LeMans.

Why would you want one? Well, maybe your V11 has oil in it... and perhaps you'd like to make sure that oil flows continuously to the bearings - even while accelerating hard uphill or doing a wheelie. Lots of more detailed info is available - just takes some searching.

Pete says he'd be willing to do a run, but he doesn't want to come out-of-pocket for production and then get stuck with money on the shelves. I'd be willing to put some money up front to get a batch into the US - and then forward them to others within the US. Maybe others would be willing to do similarly in other countries so Pete can run one batch and only have to send out a few packages. 

We still need to get a price from Pete, which I assume will be in $AU. I think it was about US$200 including AU>US shipping for one plate about 2 years ago - but costs and exchange rates change.

How to Participate:

Just reply to this message if you are interested or committed.

I'll keep this top post updated - and discussion can go as long as discussions go...

Canada/Europe/USA

Scud will import plates from Pete in Australia, order enough gaskets from MG Cycle for all plates, and forward "kits" with 1 plate, 2 upper gaskets, and 1 lower gasket.

Price: US$130 for one kit shipped to USA. US$120 for each additional kit shipped to same address. Extra shipping charge outside US.

V11 Plates:

1. Scud - delivered
  2. BMWDavid - shipped
  3. Power685 - shipped
  4. CIV11 - shipped
  5. MGrego - shipped
  6. MGrego's friend - shipped
  7. Sulvarni (Canada) - shipped
  8. Gino Rondelli (Scotland) - shipped
  9. JRD - shipped
  10. Radlefty - shipped
  11. Antiquar - shipped
  12. Antonio - shipped
  13. Brenwin (Canada) - shipped
  14. Pmark (1) - shipped
  15. Pmark (2) - shipped
  16. Pmark (3) - shipped
  17. Guzzitime (Earl) from WildGuzzi - shipped
  18. Footgoose - shipped
  19. Nosail (Canada) - shipped
  20. TooFat2Fly - shipped
  21. FalcoLion - shipped
  22. rwake - shipped
  23. Dave Swanson from WildGuzzi - shipped
  24. sdhow - shipped
  25. brlawson - shipped
  26. Jet - shipped
  27. HRC_V4 - shipped

Tonti/Sport/Daytona Plates:

1. Kostarika - shipped
  2. DaytonaRS97 - from WildGuzzi - shipped
  3. GuzziMoto - shipped

AUSTRALIA/NZ

Pre-Pay Pete Roper directly AU$120 for V11 plate, AU$140 for Tonti plate. Shipped individually from Australia - additional charges for shipping and gaskets (if included) to be paid before shipment.

V11 Plates:

1. Bruce Reader (AU)
  2. Cash1000 (NZ)
  3. Knumbnutz (AU)
  4. O2 V11 (NZ)
  5. ScuRoo (AU)

Tonti/Sport/Daytona Plates:

1. Greenman1966 (94 Sport 1100, NZ)
Edited by Scud

I have no idea if the plate fits other engines. It seems like it should, but maybe somebody knows?

For those on the fence: I hesitated a while before getting and installing a Roper plate.

I think it was the idea of spending even more money and time on a "non-farkle" item that made me wait.

I am glad I did it, it gives extra peace of mind. Keep in mind that it also communicates "that type" of owner to others, including any future buyer of your bike.

I know that if i was looking at another V11, and I saw the "Roper line", then I would know the seller was probably fastidious about other maintenance items as well, and would feel more confident that the bike was well loved, and would probably be worth paying a premium.

I have always thought that when buying used bikes or cars, the process was as much an interview with the seller as an inspection of the vehicle itself.

So, prepare for that future interview and get a Roper plate and put it in!

• Like 2

I'm in for sure! I would pay in advance if it helps Pete get the ball rolling. 

What country?  The location in your profile "riding in the pinies" sounds like fun, but a bit difficult to locate.  :huh2:

I assume Pete would ship directly to Australia and New Zealand - makes no sense for the plates to cross the ocean twice.

I've sent Pete a couple inquiries regarding price - will update when I hear back - or he can answer in a post. I think we can safely assume that his price will be fair. Shipping will be whatever it is... and a set of three gaskets can be had from MG Cycle for about US $15.

It's convenient to install the plate at your next oil change - but also easy enough to capture and re-use whatever oil is in there now.