Roper Plate Group Buy

Scud

I would like one too. I'm tired of the chatter during fast starts.

That takes us to about 20 plates.  :thumbsup:

Not meaning to turn this into too much of a tech thread, but are you assuming that fast starts are starving your engine of oil and contributing to some sort of mechanical noise?

if I ever get my Tenni back, I'll take one.

Its doing the spit and sputter misfire crap at the Guzzi service.... :angry2: 

I would like one too. I'm tired of the chatter during fast starts.

That takes us to about 20 plates.  :thumbsup:

Not meaning to turn this into too much of a tech thread, but are you assuming that fast starts are starving your engine of oil and contributing to some sort of mechanical noise?

Hi Scud

I can occasionally hear a little valve chatter if I take off too fast. It only lasts a second.

I usually slow down before the red light comes on.

Yes. But I have to jump fast, which I normally do not do. I will hear about 3 to 4 valve clicks as I rocket out in front, then it goes away. I assume that the oil is sloshed back during the initial acceleration and the engine is starved for an instant. I hope the Roper plate will alleviate this.

Hey, I lane split here at every light and I have to get out in front. Sometimes I have to drag race.

That should provide a good test. If you put the plate in and the sound ceases, then you have your answer - and another good reason for anyone to install one of these plates.

Two thumbs up for lane splitting in California. :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:  I snuck up to the front of a light in AZ last weekend - got some dirty looks - then I remembered it's illegal over there.

OK, if I order thirty V11 plates I can do them for $120AU each.

If I order five or ten 'Tonti' type plates which will do early Sports/Daytonas and Bellagios too they will be $140 each.

Postage will be on top of that. I won't order until I recieve payment and won't ship until that is covered.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

OK boys... it's decision-time for anyone whose name is in the "interested" category.

For USA and Canada, I estimate the total cost should be about US$130 all-in. That's including: your share of shipping from Australia; 3 gaskets and your share of shipping from MG Cycle; and shipping from me to you. That's for a V11 plate to the US. Canada shipping will be more, and the early sport plate will be more (although I'm not supplying gaskets for this version).

Post up or send me a PM if your name is in "interested." Should I:

1. Move your name to "committed"
  2. Change the quantity
  3. Delete your name

Once we get the list cleaned up, I'll send you all PMs with PayPal details. I think I will collect and consolidate for the US/Canada and that residents of other countries should pay Pete directly. Since we're all friends we can use PayPal's "send money to a friend" feature and avoid extra fees.

committed ... 

Australia post, V11 plate. 

I suppose i can get gaskets locally easy enough, but let me know what it will cost to send from usa from you if its not too much trouble

Thanks Tim for your efforts