Roper Plate Group Buy

Scud

I'm in NSW, I can easily post direct within Oz, with gaskets. I'm simply not willing to pay the upfront costs of producing a run of plates that will sit on the shelf for yonks.

Pete

That's good for Oz; Aussies will need to know a total price including gaskets and shipping. Could you do the same for NZ? We have only one going to Europe so far. I can take care of that if you'd rather not ship it directly.

If you make 30 of the V11 plates, I can buy half of the unclaimed plates and hold them here.  We're at 20 V11 plate commitments now, and that will probably go up as others see the price and commit. I assume you'll more than cover your production costs on the sale - and we'll each have 3 or 4 plates leftover. I would just have a few hundred bucks tied up on my shelf (hopefully not for "yonks").

As for AU-US shipping, I'll cover that when it's time. I just need to know the amount, which you probably won't know till you weigh the package.

- Tim

Committed. USA, 2000 V11 Sport

Thanks. I already had you listed in the "committed" section on page 1.

• Like 1

Looks like we are about ready to launch with:

• 22 V11 Committed
  • 2 V11 pending response
  • 3 Daytona/Early sport style Committed

I'm assuming (which could change) that Pete will accept direct payment and provide shipping to Oz and Not oZ.

I'll be sending PMs to all Northern Hemisphere buyers asking for US$130 for one plate, and US$120 for each additional plate shipped to the same address. Then I'll pay Pete for the total that he will ship to me.

Since Pete's price is AU$20 more for the "Tonti" style that fits the older sports, and I am not going to supply gaskets for those, I'll call it a "wash" and keep the price the same for every plate.

When it comes time to ship from California, I may ask a few of you for a bit extra to cover international shipping costs.

I've rounded up a little to cover exchange rate fluctuation and the unknown shipping costs to me. If I have some money left over at the end, I'll make a donation to this forum so Jaap can buy beer...  :bier: ... or wine...  :drink: ... or whatever...  :rasta:

• Like 2

New slogan?

"V11LeMans.com, The Ride :race: , or Whatever :rasta: , Starts Here!"

Well done,  :notworthy: Scud! What an amazing contribution to the community! :mg:

• Like 3

Happy to do it. Pete hooked us up with an excellent deal, I'm just passing it along.

I bet this saves somebody's bearings along the way. I think I saw Pete talking before about how he decided to invent the thing - by seeing too many torched bearings.

"Roper lines" for everybody!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 7.25.48 PM.jpg

• Like 1

I want one too. How do I get on the list?

Done.

And I just finished sending PMs to everybody regarding payment.

If Pete's going to make 30 V11 Plates, there are still about 5 more available.

Scud, are you sure you don't want us to ad some for shipping in this payment? couldn't be much. Also, what about shipping to you from Aus? I don't mind sending some extra, with the leftovers going to donation :rasta:

Scud... wanted to say thanks for all of the effort to do this. Also to Pete for even agreeing to making these again. So hats off to Pete!