Roper Plate Group Buy

Scud

If you want elaboration, it bodes well to ask a proper elaborationist! :grin:

I've been trying to explain that to my children...  :huh2:

MG Cycle has shipped the gaskets (and other special things). I'm expecting delivery on Monday and should be able to ship the balance of plates Tuesday. 

I have a few more kits available, send me a PM if interested.

Well, I think this wraps up the group buy:

• The last of the pre-ordered plates are packaged up and ready for drop-off tomorrow.
  • The USPS paid me the insurance on Kosta's plate - and I sent the proceeds to Pete.
  • The final gaskets arrived with a RAM Single Plate clutch and flywheel for my Scura.  :ninja:

We did it!   :mg:

Now get busy... :luigi:  ...or go put on some miles so you can install it with your next oil change.  :race:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

... if it will fit my 97'1100i Sport.  I already have one on my V11.

I'm not sure about compatibility. Since you have both bikes, maybe you could take a close look to see if the oil sumps are the same - or check parts diagrams between the two bikes to see if all the components have the same part numbers. You need to make sure the internals are the same too - because the oil filter and other dangly bits need to dip through the plate into the pan.

I know the plate is different for the 4V Daytona/Centauro engine - and that Pete Roper has a few more of those available. If the '97 sport is the same as the 4V, you can get one direct from him.

I've got myself an oil leak at the back of the plate. And I'm talking about a puddle under the bike after I run it, not just a little seepage.

I installed the plate and gaskets on dry and clean surfaces, and tightened by hand (no torque wrench). This is exactly how I did it on my Scura and I've had no problems for many miles. 

After discovering the leak (first time out), I dropped the pan and re-torqued all the upper ring bolts to spec (10 Nm for 6mm bolts). Still got a puddle.

I see some imperfections in the bottom surface of the block, but it did not leak before I put the plate in. I can see that some oil sits on top of the plate at the back of the block - same area as the leak and the imperfections.

I happen to have some new gaskets on hand and am thinking about using them after coating with Permatex gasket dressing/sealant (which is blue stuff that has to dry for 10 minutes, like Hylomar.)  Does this seem like the right thing to do? Any other advice?

Firstly the V11 plate will fit any of the 'Broad Sump' engines so a Sport-I will take one just fine. I would offer the caveat that it will be less neccessary than on a V11 due to gear ratios.

On the leak issue? A thin smear of Threebond 1211 would be my choice.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I got some Threebond 1211 and put it back together. Over $20 for a tube... must be some good stuff. I'll wait at least 24 hours for it to cure, then recheck torque, install the oil pan and fill it up.

Out of curiosity, can you explain why the gear ratios make a difference between the Sport-i and the V11?