Roper Plate Group Buy

Scud

Basically this. Add in the fact the sump is wider and shallower and the pick-up is unbaffled and right at the front of the sump and you have an almost 'Perfect Storm' for boundary lubrication.

Pete

If it's an improvement on engine design I'm in also but would like an explanation on how to install it. How big of a project is this? Thanks.

Not a very difficult project at all. It's bolt-on, with the exception of the need to elongate a hole in the sidestand mount.  Here's a good thread on installation:  http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8985

Update re my oil leak:  the leak nothing at all to do with the plate or gaskets.  My problem was that I failed to secure the breather hose (I had engine out to replace the clutch at same time).  It turns out that I wasted time by reinstalling the plate with a sealant.

• 7 months later...

Pete's going to make another batch of official Roper Plates. I'm going to bring 10 into the US. I want one, so that makes 9 available. People occasionally find this thread and ask me if I have any more plates (which I don't). So I'll just hold a small inventory and resell as needed. 

This time, I'm not going to coordinate the gaskets. The plate alone fits into a USPS flat-rate envelope, but the addition of the upper sump gaskets requires a bigger package and more expensive shipping.

I don't know the price yet (will depend on how many he makes, currency exchange, and postage from Australia) but I'll just pass along the cost, with slight rounding up for  :bier: .

Post up here or send me a PM if you want to pre-reserve one at a price to be determined later. 

• Like 2

I put in an order for fifteen today, I found two in the back of the workshop. Not sure of price yet but given the fact the $AU is in the toilet at the moment they will probably be no more expensive or cheaper than last time....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scud,

please put me down for one plate as well. Once you have the price, just let me know where to send a payment. Please note that shipping will be to Czech Republic

Thank you!

Hi Scud,

please put me down for one plate as well. Once you have the price, just let me know where to send a payment. Please note that shipping will be to Czech Republic

Thank you!

It might be better to pay Pete directly and have him ship from Australia. If I ship it to you, I need to charge you for shipping US to Europe, plus 1/10th of the shipping from AU to US for the 10 plates I'm going to get. But I can ship it to you if needed. I'll check back with you when I have plates in hand to see whether you still need one.

Scud...sounds like I should invest in one of these as well since I'll be keeping the Scura for a long time.  Does your bike already have it installed?

Kindly advise best way to get payment to you (Paypal I presume).  Many thanks to Pete as well for the development of this improved design.

Unfortunately since MPH here in Houston is closed, can you advise the part # for the gasket(s), and I'll see if I can get it from AF1 in Austin.  Presumably the exact same gasket as the original one?

Thanks!

Paul

My Scura and LeMans both have plates. I'm going to put one in the Champagne project. I'm keeping a little spreadsheet - and I just put your name on it. Will advise final price and give PayPal details when I have the plates.

You need two upper sump gaskets (to sandwich the plate) and one lower sump gasket (although you might be able to re-use the lower gasket that's already on there). When I did the group buy before, I got all the gaskets from MG Cycle - if you call them, they will know exactly what you need.

May as well buy a groovy black-face oil thermometer/dipstick at the same time. Why? Because it's cool.

Potentially 6 of the 10 now spoken for - 8 if you count two in Europe, but I think those will ship direct from Pete.