Roper Plate Group Buy

Scud

Mine arrived at our home in Florida just days after I hauled the bike to our summer place in Georgia.  Looking forward to getting it installed and get the bike ready for this years Southern Spine Raid.

Pete- Thank you so much for everything you do to help us keep our bikes running.

Tim- Thank you so much for all the work and effort it takes to organize a group buy, order, receive and ship the items out to thirty some people.  We all thank you so much!

Jerry   

Two plates received this past weekend !

Here is one about to go on my friend's Sport (no trouble installing), my LeMans is soon to follow --

Thanks again to Tim and Pete !! Two more V11's upgraded !!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm glad to know the plates are finding their way to their destinations - and getting installed. So far, only one shipping problem: the USPS actually bent one of the plates. Not sure how that gets done in the course of mail-handling, but we'll get it sorted out.

Still waiting for the back-order of gaskets before I can ship the balance.

Gasket/shipping update:  Gaskets are due to arrive at MG Cycle on Monday next week - then they ship to me.  I will probably be able to ship the remaining kits by the end of next week, or early the following - all depending on actual delivery date.

I'm glad to know the plates are finding their way to their destinations - and getting installed. So far, only one shipping problem: the USPS actually bent one of the plates. Not sure how that gets done in the course of mail-handling, but we'll get it sorted out.

Still waiting for the back-order of gaskets before I can ship the balance.

Jesus wept! It's not like they're fragile!

Gimme the address and I'll send one direct. I think I have a couple left.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I could have covered it if it was a V11 plate, but it was a Tonti, and I don't have an extra. I sent you an e-mail with shipping address.

Here is Kostarica's Tonti plate. The poor thing appears to have been run over in Crosstown Traffic, like Jimi Hendrix sung: "Tire tracks all across your back, I can see you had your fun."  I really like the irony of what I assume to be a tire track and how it goes right over the "Tracked *** Insured" promise on the package.

Kosta was going to try to get it pressed flat by a machinist - I'm not sure if that will work well enough.

IMG_4996.jpg   IMG_4988.jpg

[url=http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/timscudder/media/v11com%20misc%20photos%20posted/LeMans%20Project

IMG_5030.jpg

Got mine in today. Cheers to Pete!   :bier:

• Like 1

Thanks Pete, I could have covered it if it was a V11 plate, but it was a Tonti, and I don't have an extra. I sent you an e-mail with shipping address.

Here is Kostarica's Tonti plate. The poor thing appears to have been run over in Crosstown Traffic, like Jimi Hendrix sung: "Tire tracks all across your back, I can see you had your fun."  I really like the irony of what I assume to be a tire track and how it goes right over the "Tracked *** Insured" promise on the package.

Kosta was going to try to get it pressed flat by a machinist - I'm not sure if that will work well enough.

attachicon.gifIMG_4996.jpg   attachicon.gifIMG_4988.jpg

No worries, I'll flick another one off tomorrow direct. With that one I suggest beat the f*cker flat and use it in something else :D

Pete

• Like 2

Here is the alignment problem that the Roper Plate creates. A few minutes with a round file or a small grinding tool will take care of it. Elongate the lower hole so you will not bend the small, lower bolt when you torque down the large, top bolt.

IMG_5034.jpg

Hi scud. Can you elaborate on this issue a bit more. Thanks!!

The sidestand bracket has two mounting holes.

1. Upper: large hole for the large bolt that goes into the timing cover.
  2. Lower: smaller hole for a smaller bolt that goes into the upper oil sump ring.

The plate, when installed, moves the upper sump ring down, by the thickness of the plate and one extra gasket. This causes a misalignment of the hole in the sidestand plate and the threads in the upper sump ring. Notice the brightest hole in the above picture and how the circles are not concentric. You need to elongate the lower hole (downward) so the bolt has a straight approach, through the bracket, into the threads in the upper ring.

It will make sense when you have it your hands. I think this is the only "trick" to installation, unless you count this as a trick: raise the parts and gaskets toward the engine with two opposite-corner bolts sticking through to keep everything aligned.

Elaborated?