Down - but not out ... will need some parts!

Gio

Hello comrades,

Yesterday was a bad day for me and the old V11. Got cut-off at a round-about and went down hard. Bashed up knee / elbow / shoulder and as much damage to my trusty steed - will need new mirror, indicator, clutch lever, foot-peg, engine guard and Tekno pannier for the left side of the bike - at least that saved my Mistral !

If anyone has any of these items available - please let me know. I need to get back on the horse asap ... ride safe, shit happens!

Gio

Hey thanks czakky ... much appreciated! I need left front turn signal / head guard / mirror / foot peg ... PM me with details and more than happy to pay shipping+ ...

Good man! Doesn't feel so much right now ... but it's all good.

Gio

I think I have a slightly road-rashed clutch lever. Same deal as Czakky's - pay shipping. But maybe this a good time to try some aftermarket levers. I assume front left indicator, which is the same as the right rear. Footpegs are hard to find. Somebody ought to machine a batch of those.

Also early Ducati Monster footpegs fit too.

Now there is some surprising and useful information. When I first started parting out the 02 LeMans, I had many inquiries for footpegs. A quick search on eBay for Ducati Monster Footpeg shows many promising candidates - OEM, reproduction, and all sorts of other aftermarket options for color, shape, position, etc. 

Hi Gio,

5 weeks ago similar happened to me, right side copped a hiding though, broken ribs, shoulder, road rash but worst is broken/crushed fingers - caught between lever and handlebar. Had to have the nails sewn back in on two fingers and pin inserted into ring finger. No idea how it happened.

FWIW, levers are the same as ST2 Ducati so i got a set of billet beauties off ebay for about $60AUD, these ones fold !!!!

Hope you are feeling better,

regards Neil

A big thanks to all of you for some great support and ideas for replacement parts. Looks like czakky has an engine guard and right rear indicator (pm's exchanged).

Scud - I may not need that lever as mine has not actually broken - but some damage to the pivot point - I need to take a closer look to see if I can repair.

Neil - likewise I hope you too are feeling better. I also broke the tip of my right index finger (an old recurring injury) which sucks as it's my mouse finger - at least a good excuse not to finish my tax return ..! Actually the stock footrests do fold ... just not in the direction this one was asked to.

Again - thanks for all supportive words and ideas.

Gio

I've got a set of the Tekno panniers I was about to put up for sale in the classifieds. I'll let you have em cheap - even though you only need the left side.

I should also have the front turn signal - I have to double check on that, but I replaced all of mine with LED's and should be able to send you all 4. I'll send you the turn signals for free if you want the panniers. Just send me a PM and we can work out details.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey LowRyter ... thanks for the info. Everyone here on the forum has been very supportive - I have had more than generous offers of help from yourself, scud, czakky (in particular - wouldn't even take anything for shipping so I made I donation to the forum in lieu) and kmac has some panniers ...all very uplifting given that my insurance claim just went down the tubes ... sometimes life sucks, but then we are reminded that there are good people out there!

What goes around , comes around ... and that is indeed the way things should be.

Thanks again for the support.