Bar Risers V11 LeMans

steviek

I looked at Rapid Dog bar risers and think it's a copy cat design with extremely limited adjustability. In addition it looks like they work only if they are mounted above triple tree. I assume one can mount under but the Risers part is gone. If one wants just riser part but don't care about much adjustability then Woodcraft risers are just fine.

If one wants true bar risers with awesome adjustability then there is nothing out there that can compare to ConvertiBars. ConvertiBars have original design and great quality. I knew an original designer, who unfortunately passed away at a very young age. He was a truly nice guy and talented engineer. The new version of ConvertiBars is even better and offers adjustments not only for height and back and forward but the bars can be adjusted from+16 to -16 from horizontal plane in 4 degrees increments. As for the vibration damping, one can use ConvertiBars bar ends.

The only other bar riser I would consider are Gilles. Much more money and much harder to install. But they look like jewelry and come in beautiful packaging.

How do I know? Well, installed and have Gilles on my Aprilia Falco since I got the bike. That's about 11-12 years. Also had ConvertiBars on my first Moto Guzzi Ballabio turned into LeMans. Just installed them on my Coppa Italia. My Bimota SantaMonica came from previous owner with them already installed. Sold a good number of ConvertiBars to customers of various motorcycle brands and they worked beautifully on all those bikes. My close friend just installed ConvertiBars on his Kawasaki Ninja 1000.

Again, it's just my opinion. I think bar risers should offer a large degree of adjustability for a price or offer just riser part for a lot less like Woodcraft, for a lot less. One should not be grinding, cutting or reinventing if one needs bar risers. Especially if one owes beautiful Italian motorcycle.

Any hacksaw and hummer work should not be applied to any European motorcycles unless they are crappy old bikes or Harley Davidson

• Like 1

The only other bar riser I would consider are Gilles. Much more money and much harder to install. But they look like jewelry and come in beautiful packaging.

Any hacksaw and hummer work should not be applied to any European motorcycles unless they are crappy old bikes or Harley Davidson

Those are gorgeous:  http://www.gillestooling.com/cms/shop/products/art-4415/handlebar-variobar?tab=color

And yes, Italian mistresses need jewelry - and "hacksaw and hummer work" must be undone. My poor neglected lass got bathed in jewelry: new gauges, stock bars, Pazzo shorty levers (which you sell), and Rizoma fluid tanks. Several people have asked me about the Rizoma tanks. Do you sell those too?

IMG_4546.jpg

I sell 99.99% of the stuff that is out there. The difference is I offer 10-20% discount from MSRP. All brands such as ARAI, Shoei, HJC, 99% of all exhasuts, can be offered with discounts. I usually beat everyone's prices on Ohlins and 100% beat everyone on Elka suspension.

Basically if you have anything in mind let me know. 

By the way a little while back I sold quite a few M4 exhausts for V11. Look up my prices from the last time. I can tell you that the sound out of these pipes is amazing. It's even better then from MG Titanium kit. M4 can be had in Ti, Carbon Fiber and Aluminum. Aluminum is the most cost effective option by the way.

By the way if you look up my Ballabio after I converted it to LeMans. It has ConvertiBars

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, i dun took my own advice...

I could not find any woodcraft 54mm clips for lurve nor beans. Even woodcraft themselves don't have any.

So I have purchased some Tarozzi raised clips instead. UK stockist DiscoVolante sell them in our sizes for £138.

I shall take some snaps when they arrive and when fitted in case anyone else is interested.

• Like 1

Woodcraft make clipons with risers of all different heights. Or you can put a top clamp on from. california which will have rubber isolated mounts for standard handlebar clamps. That's the setup I have, with Renthal bars.

Yeah, plus they look reet good. No WC 54mm clamps to be found, apart from second-hand buell ones thru 'merican ebay though (£50 postage plus whatever extra charges they see fit to impose).

My original need for a solution was due to hamfistedly strippin two of the four threads on my ballabio handlebar risers.... I tasted one and it seems to be made of some delicious chocolate.

Day off today! So i'm a-waitin in for my tarozzi's to be delivered.

Then i'll need to decide whether to have them powdercoated all nice n black.

• 6 months later...

I am wondering why would you try to reinvent the wheel?  :homer:  :huh2:  :huh2:

The most simple and 100% working solution is to get ConvertiBars. They work great, look great and come in 2 colors - black or silver. Installation is a snap and stock wires and cables are good enough for almost 3" rise. Price wise a bit more expensive than Woodcraft but well worth the price do to a multiple adjustability  :2c:

• Like 1

It looked to me that the Rox risers could work in a very similar fashion to the MPH risers. Small 7/8 tube clamped in the original clamps and clip ons clamped at the end of the riser.

And yes, thank you FalcoLion for the 3rd endorsement of the Convertibars.  Yes, they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I want to explore all of my options.

I have the adjustable 54mm Tomaselli clipons  from MG Cycle,very nice.

Half the price of the MPH bar risers.

I'm not sure I'm seen Tomaselli on a V11 . . . :pic: ?

The Tomaselli on my son's V7 are magnificent, but took him a few goes and a couple years to get them adjusted just right. Apparently, "infinite" adjustment can be a tricky balance on a bike like a Moto Guzzi who's reference points might be *eccentric!*

Reference one field expedient attempt in Gorgeous George's pseudodocumentary of the Eleventh South'n Spine Raid beginning about minute 4:07:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWwv2ZOxf64&feature=em-upload_owner

The take-away: bring a 10mm Allen drive!