Bar Risers V11 LeMans

steviek

Looks like you guys were having way too much fun.. :grin:

Heh - I'm not sure it's better that I can deploy a 10mm ball drive on demand now, or go back to trying to make one out of my battery fasteners . . . :luigi:

One may *live and learn*, but might not be having more fun! B)

It looked to me that the Rox risers could work in a very similar fashion to the MPH risers. Small 7/8 tube clamped in the original clamps and clip ons clamped at the end of the riser.

I actually tried test fitting that setup about 10 yrs ago.  The Rox risers will hold the clipon bars but the plate between the clamp and the stub is way too thin to adequately support the clipon so it was dangerously flexible.  They will only work safely with standard handlebars.  I have no doubt they would bend or break if used with clipons.

• Like 2

The rearward angle and the downward angle won't change with the MPH. That is a plus for my grip style and feel. Only upward and rearward distance changes... for the better IMO. I think you'll be pleased with them. Let us know your impressions.

MPH CYCLES to order yours at $399  - Wholly sh*t!!. Why would anyone spend this kind of $$$ on such inferior product?  :huh2: . Looks like someone did it in the back of the shed. To put such a junk on a V11 is a travesty.

ConvertiBars are $60 less and a beautifully made with infinite adjustments. Craftsmanship is superb or you can go even for less with Woodcraft. Or spend a bit extra for Gilles.

I am not trying to sell them. If I anyone wants to buy them and especially members of this forum get extra discount. And the reason is not because I am trying to sell. Do a search on this forum for my previous bike, I think it's in a picture thread, and see how nice these things look. I had them on my previous Ballabio, I have them on my current Coppa. I also have them on my Bimota SB8K SantaMonica and these were installed by the previous owner. My friend has them on 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 1000. I also have Gilles on my Aprilia Falco. Though Gilles are extremely nice, it's now hard to get them and they are much harder to adjust (more involved). 

If you want something nice and relatively inexpensive look at Vortex, Woodcraft or Spiegler (awesome choice and doesn't look like the other crap) with fixed type of a rise. Or one can even look up Chinese immitations on eBay. Any one of the mentioned will be head and shoulders above the crap they you have mentioned. 

By the way Rox is nice but if you originally do not have a bike with a handlebar then you would need to drill it an upper triple tree. 

I love when people ogle over crap :huh2: . Why would anyone own an Italian piece of art and try to put some ugly ass products on it? :huh2:  It just my personal  :2c:  :2c:  :2c:

ConvertiBars

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14253&p=153635

Or another type of Rox that are very inexpensive and very nice ROX Deluxe 2" Pivoting Bar Risers for 7/8" Handlebar

• Like 1

The problem with Convertibars, and most of the other clip on risers is that the stock bars mount on top of the triple and not underneath.  And to be more difficult, it appears that the stock stanchion clamp is quite short.

So, if you use most of the riser solutions, it seems to me that you end up with one of 2 choices. 

1. Raise the fork tubes up the triples to gain the height necessary for the aftermarket stanchion clamp.  I'm worried about shortening a already aggressive steering angle.

2. Mount the stanchion clamp under the triple.  This means that the rise must be huge and an additional tube needs to run outside of the triple.  The convertibars look like there are 4 fork tubes going on.  Plus, without the stock stanchion clamp, the fork tubes are sort of poking out of the triple.

Yes, the MPH look like an aluminum brick. But the forks and the stock clamp stay in place and I don't mind the extra width.

Anyone with a nice CNC machine?   Seems it wouldn't be hard to fab up a nicer version of the MPH concept that replaces the "brick" with a "tube".

I've figured out what my issue is the Convertibars.  It's that in every picture I've seen of them, the extra tube length is sticking out of the bottom of the stanchion clamp.  I think if folks cut off the extra tube so the tube would be flush with the bottom of the clamp, I would like them so much more.

I've figured out what my issue is the Convertibars.  It's that in every picture I've seen of them, the extra tube length is sticking out of the bottom of the stanchion clamp.  I think if folks cut off the extra tube so the tube would be flush with the bottom of the clamp, I would like them so much more.

Convertibars have clearly defined cut-off line rings. So that once you setup you can always trim off access length. In other words set your highest position and cut off the access.

I never bothered it on Moto Guzzi but on my Bimota it had to be cut off due to extremely limited space

I find the Converti-Bars to be crude looking and somewhat hokey. A friend gave me a set.in case I could use them with my Daytona. I may have them around somewhere, I did not use them. I think the MPH solution is far more elegant looking. I also don't like them from a physics point of view, I don't like the the bars could rotate in the steering axis.

I guess it comes down to personal taste. There are also nice options from companies like Woodcraft that replace the entire clip-on with a new clip-on that has a rise to it. The wife and I went with the simple solution of converting the bike to a handlebar set up. To each their own.

The Woodcraft stuff is nice, but your link did not work for me.

If we had not gone with the handlebar conversion we likely would have gone with Woodcraft as the Wifes V11 is an early red frame bike.

I used a handlebar conversion on my BMW K1200RS from Speigler using LSL parts. Not sure who makes them now. It was great stuff. My problem was regretting changing the angles, which caused annoying wrist and fore arm pain, as well as a whole new way of piloting. I changed it back. BMW had adjustable clip ons with a similar downward angle to the Goose. I like that. Even with bringing them up... I want that down angle for comfort.