Bar Risers V11 LeMans

steviek

Does anyone know where I can get bar risers for my V11 Le Mans, or any method of raising the height? An inch or two would make all the difference.

Thanks

Steve 

I had Apex adjustable clipons on my V11 Le Mans so I know they work with the fairing and you can move them higher or lower, I ordered them from the USA from their website, order 54mm clamps

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had Apex adjustable clipons on my V11 Le Mans so I know they work with the fairing and you can move them higher or lower, I ordered them from the USA from their website, order 54mm clamps

Hi Steve S,

I recently received the Apex 4" risers for my '03 Le Mans and have not installed them yet.  Can you share any helpful tips on how to install them and any things to avoid.  Photos would be helpful.  I looked at all the posts over the years on this forum and checked the various products like MPH with hoses, Convertibars without hoses, Tommasselli (MG Cycle), Tarozzi, Cycle Cat (long out of business but looked promising), homemade risers, Woodcraft, and liked the adjustability of the bar angle and the ability to position the riser around the fork tube as well as the black anodizing.

Thanks,

Harold HB1

HB1, I fitted them above the top yoke but you need to raise the tubes up as the Apex clamps are deeper than the stock ones, I also fitted the clamps facing back so the bars were closer to me, you may need to grind a bit of alloy off the top yoke casting as the riser may not pass down the side of it,  the stock pipes will reach but you will need a longer brake pipe to raise them to the top

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18620&hl=apex

here's a link to my original photos

• Like 1

I am watching and reading this thread and wondering why would anyone buy such an ally bar risers and in addition would also require some grinding. All mentioned bar risers look like crap including the ones from mpcycles. I already have mentioned ConvertBars before and gargoyle just mentioned these as well. Extremely well made, made in the USA and have tons of adjustments. None the bar risers that are mentioned here offer very limited adjustments after installation. Price and performance wise ConvertBars are superior to any other mentioned here. I do not have any ownership in ConvertBars but I been using and selling them for the last 10 years

I am watching and reading this thread and wondering why would anyone buy such an ally bar risers and in addition would also require some grinding. All mentioned bar risers look like crap including the ones from mpcycles. I already have mentioned ConvertBars before and gargoyle just mentioned these as well. Extremely well made, made in the USA and have tons of adjustments. None the bar risers that are mentioned here offer very limited adjustments after installation. Price and performance wise ConvertBars are superior to any other mentioned here. I do not have any ownership in ConvertBars but I been using and selling them for the last 10 years

here's a reason why anyone would use mph, which do offer some adjustment, and require no grinding. They allow the use of the stock clip-on bar, which uses the most unique internal anti vibration design I've seen in a bar. The convertibar range of adjustment is greater, but it allows far more than I would want to use. True, none of the setups are great looking, including convertibar imo. The mph seemed the least deviation from stock configuration to me. I wish someone would make Rapid Dog Risers for Guzzi. Had some on my BMW R1100s and they worked great, And looked great.

rabi+dog+risers+11424761160.jpg

I tried to fit some Rox Speed risers to my Sport, but didn't want to change the lines and cabling. They're nice looking pieces (at least on the shelf!), but the cockpit on the early Sport is pretty tight and close.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-2-pivot-risers-for-1-18-handlebars?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=CjwKEAjwguu5BRDq8uSKhaKIzDkSJACQ7WJlFQojc2pGNUBV885WZnZkMN_ywyP_m2Te40bFO-ssDxoC-JLw_wcB

• Like 1

You could just spin the bar clamps around about 180 degrees and grind down some spare cruiser bars. That way, when they rust, it won't matter that they're only clamped in place by one bolt on each side. The throttle cable and clutch hose will be fine if you don't mind pinching them in the steering head occasionally. A thin piece of wire makes it easy to position the hydraulic reservoirs wherever you want them. Blue hoses for style points.

IMG_2959.jpg

While the fit and finish left much to be desired, the position of these bars was very comfortable and nothing hit the fairing. Not only were they pulled up and back, they were probably two inches wider than stock. The PO of my LeMans also had the footpegs lower and further forward by a few inches. Also comfy for touring - but I still prefer the stock position and getting into a mild tuck when making time.

now that's impressive ingenuity. I don't like it at all, but clever idea. those were clubman bars for a cafe' racer, but you could use any bar I reckon.  I'm with ya on the tucked position, but that's why I liked those Rapid dogs, and I hope, the mph. Up just a little, a bit wider, and rearward whatever you want. It reduces neck pain for me on long rides.