1100 Sport tank (carbed)

joel

Hello everyone.  I am looking for a tank to fit on my 1996 1100 sport.  It seems that are a couple of tanks from injected 1100 sport that might be available but I can't seem to locate one for a carved bike.  2 questions:

1. Does anyone know of an 1100 Sport (carved) tank for sale?

2.  What would it take to retrofit and injected tank to work on a carved bike?

Thanks, Joel

Thanks.  i saw that.  Looks like the tank is from an injected bike.  I need to know what it would take to retrofit it onto a carbed.

The older injected bikes had the fuel pump external to the tank, so there should not be much difference between a carb bike tank and an injected bike tank. There is an external pressure regulator on one side of the tank that you would have to replace with a fitting of some sort. Then there is the question of if you want to add a reserve valve or not. If you are adding a reserve you will need to know that before replacing the pressure regulator, as that will determine what you replace it with. Someone else might have better detail on the exact differences, but I doubt there is anything that cannot be overcome.

Try looking at parts diagrams between the two models. That should give you an idea what the differences are.