Tail Tidy

Itsagas

Hi all, I'm trying to find a tail tidy or template to make one.

I've found a couple of posts but have been unable to find anything.

Can you guys assist? 

Regards

Dean

I think there are many good examples, with descriptions of how people did it various posts. A little more searching might turn up some more examples.

Here is a template I downloaded from one such post on this forum, but I don't recall who created it. I attached it for you here.

V11 Sport Fender Eliminator Bracket (preliminary).PDF

I didn't end up using this template, because I was happy enough with cutting the stock fender down a bit and installing much smaller, LED turn signals.

I am going to have a slightly modified FBF tidy tale  I could give away in a couple weeks......but as I write this i notice you in Australia, and the shipping might not be worth the squeeze. 

I am going to have a slightly modified FBF tidy tale  I could give away in a couple weeks......but as I write this i notice you in Australia, and the shipping might not be worth the squeeze. 

I'd be interested in it Jet,.... :food:

• 4 years later...

I think someone on WG posted there and was making them several years ago. I can't find any recent activity so I don't feel out of line posting this.

I made a template of the two pieces. Pretty straight forward. Cut and bend. The main piece is s/s and could be made in different dimensions to fit different lighting. The smaller piece is thin alm and has 2 mounting holes. Slight bending to fit contour and only serves as a mudguard. All pieces attach to existing frame mounts.

IMG-1669.JPG

Looking up at the mudguard

IMG-1668.JPG

Sorry the other small hole on the mudguard is hard to see

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nobleswood said:

Footgoose,

thanks for posting that; I like how that tail tidy looks & will fabricate one similar.

Who makes the indicators ?

my setup came on the bike and I think the whole thing was put together some time ago, maybe 10-15 years. I searched ebay and found these. (I have not purchased)They appear the same. Mine are nice and bright. I have not found a duplicate of the brake/taillight in any search.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Black-LED-Stalk-Turn-Signal-Universal-Light-Motorcycle-Stem-Flasher-Saber/173890735611?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have small incandescent on the front till I'm bothered enough to figure out the ''led signal flash dilemma". It works that way by just swapping flasher unit. The PO of the parts bike had the signal circuit wired into the dash lamps somehow, and all 4 worked. But I didn't pay attn as to how when I tore it apart. I did see the tell-tale wire splicing later! I think KiwiRoy OR MartyNZ (sorry mates I don't recall which) has a way to wire them through a dash light (?) so all 4 flash correctly. Let me know if you need more precise measurements.

the thin alm used on the mudguard is akin to flashing or window wrap used in home construction.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, docc said:

This picture does not do this V11 justice. I had the privilege of seeing this magnificent Tenni at the South'n SpineRaid and that's the tightest tail on a V11 ever. Unless you go back to that early Rev-mag photo shoot . . .

IMG-1166.5.jpg

Personally I like this better.

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/v11/scuracarbontail2.jpg

Ciao

I like Footgoose's tail tidy, I made something similar for my Griso using the original tail-light but added some white LEDs to illuminate the plate.

I just made mine of aluminium, much easier to work than stainless and holds a high polish.

I think you need a rear hugger before adding the tail-tidy.