'04 Ballabio Low Fuel Sensor

buellish1

Riding to TWO Sunday before last the Ballabio ran out of gas for the first time during my ownership,the low fuel light never came on.I was planning on removing the tank to repair a leak in the tunnel so this morning disconnected the harness for the fuel sensor and using a jumper illuminated the low fuel light,then put a meter on the other side of the harness and read over two ohms,after pulling the fuel pump I found the sensor hanging loose.Does anyone know where it attaches?The online manual I have bookmarked shows the earlier tank and frame mounted fuel pump and does not show the low fuel sensor.

SAM_0930.JPG

Hey up buellish, in your photo you can see the thermistor mount rod has snapped off. Below where it's sheared off are the 2 screw holes that fix it to the assembly (and provide an earth point i think?) So either the other side of the unit, in the photo, will still have the lower part of the rod attached, or it's scratchin about inside your tank? Wondering how it broke...

Stew

Thanks for the reply Stew.I have no clue how it broke being inside the tank.Since most of my tools are packed up and I don't have a shop to work in anymore I ordered a new one.I have a leak in the tank to repair while I wait for the part.