*Polished wrenches for polished things*

Nice, Chuck!

The picture stays small when clicked. You have some model details on it?

("air pig"  - anyone that's carried one of these around appreciates that phrase! :thumbsup: )

Yeah, I carried around my air pig for 30 years. Down to the shop to fill it with my "real" compressor, back up to the garage, etc. The Kid got one of these HF units for the hanger a few years ago and recommended it to me. No more carrying around the air pig for me.  :)  Works fine.. cheap. (Guzzi content)

Naturally, HF has many prices on the same thing, I bought mine for about $140 a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

Ooooh, I like that valve adjusting tool.

Let us know how it works.....

Kewl. Where'd you get it?

Josh put me onto this  tool.  Click the "nifty special tool" link. At the other end is guzzidaveracing on ebay  aka  Dave at  Sport Cycle Pacific in Santa Barbara, CA, USA

I may have to add a coupl'o-three index lines on the knurled knob to help with my hand-eye coordination.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

It's a delight!

Dave told me he has them made by Dennis Stubbelfield Tools in L.A., CA, USA.

No "index lines" were needed. The tool has a a nice *feel*. :luigi:

• Like 1

you know once the locknut is loose I can turn the adjuster with my fingers until the the gap is right.  Then I hold the adjuster with needle nose pliers while I lock it back down.  Yes, sometimes it slips and I have to do it again.  That part is a snap.....taking the covers off, plugs, front cover, turning the crank and looking for the marks with a flashlight and usually turning it another turn is most of the time consuming part.  

I use a red magic marker on the front spinner to mark the spot, so when I am turning the crank it's easier to find the timing mark.  That saves me more time than anything.  Those little Ds and Ss just go spinning....

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

It's a delight!

Yeah I got one of those off Ebay, makes the valve adjustment even easier. Its a good bit of kit.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

I got a 5 pound "silver slapper" slide hammer. It made short work of removing the front spindles from my truck. I wish I had that when I removed the V11 swingarm bearings. And here's a tip for slide-hammer use:  If you've ever used one, you know they hurt - because your wrist and elbow and shoulder take the impact from gripping the heavy slider. Just twist a towel around the slider - super tight. Then you can swing it like a baseball bat or golf club. The slider moves way faster and it doesn't hurt. FWIW - it took a 12 pound sledge to dislodge the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle. Hooray for the "bigger hammer" method.

IMG_8719.jpg

And here is one of my all time favorite tools... the platform jack. I initially bought it to remove the engine from the V11, but I have found many more uses for it since. I think the Dana 50 front differential weighs more than the entire V11 engine.

56901487053__2878AD45-6E6E-4AFA-BB73-A78

The old Ford is getting a new front rotors and calipers, steering gearbox, steering linkage, ball joints, springs, u-joints, I-beam pivot bushings, wheel bearings, and every other seal and bearing in the front driveline. I had to take the handle off the garage door to get it to close... at least she fits.

Nothing looks very "polished" now, but I'm going to paint all the big rusty lumps before putting them back in.

Seriously... remember the slide-hammer towel method if you ever have to remove the V11 swingarm bearings. It is magic.

• Like 3

It's a delight!

I am an Imelda Marcos of tools.  Pity I don't know how to use them.   :whistle:

OTOH, it does make life easier on my more skilled visitors when I look pitiful and wring my hands.  :grin:

So, naturally, I just bought one of those.   :thumbsup:

Bill

• Like 2

I am an Imelda Marcos of tools.  Pity I don't know how to use them.   :whistle:

OTOH, it does make life easier on my more skilled visitors when I look pitiful and wring my hands.  :grin:

So, naturally, I just bought one of those.   :thumbsup:

Bill

Ha no kidding.... what a great metaphor!  :grin:

I could "collect" tools forever if I had the space, money, and especially a way to organize and display them  :thumbsup:   ...even tools I don't need right now.  I just think tools are so fascinating, like static future puzzle solvers.

• Like 1