*Polished wrenches for polished things*

On 8/31/2018 at 9:15 PM, docc said:

"Rear-sets" have always been challenging improvements to motorcycles. Our V11 shift mechanism is notable.

"Polished wrenches for polished things" . . . .

IMG_6329.jpg

Trying to put my "other bike" back in service reminds me how poignant :

"Polished Wrenches for Polished Things" . . . :luigi:

IMG_4951.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One can hope. she has given me some challenges lately having been rather neglected in favor of riding (and fussing endlessly with) mySport.  The GB is my first bike, bought new in '92.

And one of my finest Polished Things . . .

cc3d3849-9112-4b02-a3e7-7ab7e1e534ad.jpg

• Like 2

When I first saw a GB500, I wanted it badly. That was when they were new and I was riding a Yamaha Radian (a pretty sweet little 600 standard). But at that time I also wanted more power, and ended going to a Yamaha FJ1100. 

So... it's a Honda, which means it will run forever with just a little love. What kind of love does she need?

• Like 1

Enough love that the hairy-knuckled Neanderthal creep that owns would check the oil and top it up.  I had gotten where I only rode it two or three times a year (mostly out of guilt). Then I resolved to ride her once a month, but failed to consider thirty year old valve seals with 50,000 miles. What a disheartenment. :(

So, fresh rockers, cam, rings, light valve lap and bore hone. And a frustrating education on how the automatic double compression release really works and why the motor won't start if one little, tiny part is left out . . .

Screen%20Shot%202021-06-06%20at%208.41.4

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Scud said:

When I first saw a GB500, I wanted it badly. That was when they were new and I was riding a Yamaha Radian (a pretty sweet little 600 standard). But at that time I also wanted more power, and ended going to a Yamaha FJ1100. 

So... it's a Honda, which means it will run forever with just a little love. What kind of love does she need?

........if memory serves me correctly, that was an interesting time for Honda. They introduced the GB500, the Hawk, & the first model that would become the F4/CBR600. 

• Like 1

The Honda Hurricanes.  The PC800 (Pacific Coast) was around that time too.

Soichiro Honda was an innovator, and company continued his legacy after his retirement in early 1970s.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SFTripod said:

........if memory serves me correctly, that was an interesting time for Honda. They introduced the GB500, the Hawk, & the first model that would become the F4/CBR600. 

1 hour ago, Scud said:

The Honda Hurricanes.  The PC800 (Pacific Coast) was around that time too.

Soichiro Honda was an innovator, and company continued his legacy after his retirement in early 1970s.

Right! '89-'90. The (US) TransAlp as well.  I've thought that line up would make an interesting collection of itself . . .

5 minutes ago, docc said:

Right! '89-'90. The (US) TransAlp as well.  I've thought that line up would make an interesting collection of itself . . .

Well, there was also Honda's "Looking FOR a problem" bikes, the ones with the oval & elliptical pistons. The Motorcycle Museum in Solvang has one. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, SFTripod said:

Well, there was also Honda's "Looking FOR a problem" bikes, the ones with the oval & elliptical pistons. The Motorcycle Museum in Solvang has one. 

Seems I tried to turn my GB into one of those . . .:wacko:

Just back from a Completion Ride after thirteen weeks and parts from three continents, several set-backs and learning experiences.

Thank goodness for good friends and Polished Tools! :bier::luigi::race:

• Like 4
On 6/12/2021 at 11:24 AM, docc said:

Enough love that the hairy-knuckled Neanderthal creep that owns would check the oil and top it up.  I had gotten where I only rode it two or three times a year (mostly out of guilt). Then I resolved to ride her once a month, but failed to consider thirty year old valve seals with 50,000 miles. What a disheartenment. :(

So, fresh rockers, cam, rings, light valve lap and bore hone. And a frustrating education on how the automatic double compression release really works and why the motor won't start if one little, tiny part is left out . . .

Screen%20Shot%202021-06-06%20at%208.41.4

Sprang goober & ain't got none ...... please , don't talk over our heads .

• Haha 3