Tekno Bags

cash1000

Hmm, can't quite tell off'v that teeny photo, but they look similar to the guzzi soft panniers + rack that i have. Does your set-up not come with a separate bridging piece to connect the side frames? On mine it bolts to the rear reg plate assembly.

Your brackets appear to be missing a "third" leg that comes off the lower rear part of the loop. That third leg goes to the bolts right below the tail lamp.

Those are early Tekno and did not have a full "bridge" across the rear, yet (as BMWDAvid says), there should be a "projection" of of each the frames from the bottom rail to attach to the inner side of the fender extension to each of the two bolts below the tail lamp

Hopefully this photo is a bit bigger.

I've also attached a photo of previous owners bike with frames fitted.

3rd mounting point is in middle of frame rather than the rear to attach to rear fender.

This works in well with the Ventura rail that he had fitted.

I used to have a ventura grab rail fitted to bike so I've still got the mounting bracket under the set fitted.

What I'm trying to work out what spacers to use between bracket & frame.

At the moment I'm thinking a 8mm nut & bolt with a steel tube between the two

20160624_160844_resized_1.jpg

20141105_132724.jpg

So, there is no rearward support at all?

I've varied the combinations of steel tube spacers and bolt lengths over time to get the fit I like. As well as where to sandwich the lower support along with the exhaust hanger.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no sign that it had a bracket to attach to rear mudguard. Previous owner may have done a tidy job in removing them?

I've got them fitted now. They look good. Far better than the throw overs I used before. No more bungy cords.

I had to shift the centre mounting points about a 1 cm to line up with the ventura bracket. Will give them a few coats of paint to tidy them up.

First trip away with them in about a months time to see family in Dunedin.