Where to get chips ecu performance parts?

Colorobo

As I am new to the brand performance parts seem kinda hard to find for 2002 and up Lemans. I will be picking up a 03 in 2 weeks, and was wondering where to get exhaust and ecu. ect Thanks Rob

Hi Rob, MG Cycles is a great place to start for many aftermarket parts and maintenance items.

http://www.mgcycle.com/

Harpers Moto Guzzi is a good beginning for OEM. They have a parts fiche as well.

http://www.harpermoto.com/

Both are helpful folks.

The Moto Guzzi Titanium exhaust and ecu kit is no longer available. They do come up for sale now and then through the various Guzzi forums and of course, ebay. Some great aftermarket cans are available and a Power Commander will work well. There is a LOT of info on this forum. Ask away... show us photos... and welcome.

• Like 1

Todd @ Guzzitech does offer reflashing as well as the PC too.

I have a reflashed Guzzitech ECU. Best bang for the buck.

I also have a V11 with a PCIII. The Guzzitech reflash is lightyears better. In fact I'm waiting for Todd to free up some time so I can get the other reflashed. If you want a PCIII cheap in a few months let me know.

Do it yourself using Tunerpro. Most 'Off the shelf' options offered are simply Rexxer baseline maps with little in the way of meaningfull changes apart from adding more fuel. Since the main maps are almost universally rich once the lambda is off the last thing you want to do is add more fuel but if you're a clueless shitgibbon who doesn't understand how things work it's always a good idea.

Pete

As I am new to the brand performance parts seem kinda hard to find for 2002 and up Lemans. I will be picking up a 03 in 2 weeks, and was wondering where to get exhaust and ecu. ect Thanks Rob

Hello Colorobo,

I can't help with a source of aftermarket exhaust, however there is lots of advice on this forum, and wildguzzi, to help you change the firmware on your bike's ECU (if you need to). The firmware BIN file holds ignition and fuel schedules, and it is possible to extract, edit, and reflash the BIN file. As Pete suggested, you need to have a reason to add fuel. There has to be an increase in airflow before an increase in fuel is worthwhile. The stock airbox and those awesome big velocity stacks hidden in there do a good job. Changing to Titanium kit exhausts would be a reason to add fuel, so you could then load the Titanium Kit BIN file to your ECU, or fit a Titanium ECU. Use caution though, as reflashing firmware is not for "clueless shitgibbons" as Pete has already said.

I haven't used Tunerpro, but GuzziDiag and associated programs developed by Paul Minnaert give you options. GuzziDiag information here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17865&hl=guzzidiag&page=1

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18052&hl=guzzidiag&do=findComment&comment=202816

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=69168.0

I hope that helps.

Marty.

Note that I have only used GuzziDiag for detecting faulty sensors, and adjusting fuel trim. I have not felt the need for changing the ECU map. This bike was fitted with Titanium exhaust and ECU by a previous owner, and I'm really pleased with how it runs. Smooth, lusty, and willing.

Edited by MartyNZ
  • Like 1

so it's a remapping of the stock ecu? tell us more

Todd @ Guzzitech does offer reflashing as well as the PC too.

I have a reflashed Guzzitech ECU. Best bang for the buck.

I also have a V11 with a PCIII. The Guzzitech reflash is lightyears better. In fact I'm waiting for Todd to free up some time so I can get the other reflashed. If you want a PCIII cheap in a few months let me know.

Thanks guys

Right alongside of tires, this is a decade and a half old argument between the proclaimed "knowledgable" here and elsewhere you'll read online. "Flashing" of the ECU is an overwrite of the flash memory on the ECU itself. Yours is a Marelli 1.5M.

While there are many "tools" to give you access to the ECU these days, building a map for *your* bike based on mods wear and tear, service history, etc is paramount. This is done via Air/Fuel data. As a broad brush recap, see; http://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/power-commanders-black-box-magic.205/

Nowadays, it's done with automotive style Bosch wide band sensors, and can be done via a Power Commander and AutoTune device which changes things in real time as you ride.

Using a generic map from downloaded from the internet is largely a waste of time and highly risky based on all of those I've seen and dyno/AFR tested. The V11S Ti (kit) ECU is one of the worst offenders for poor running. Assuming your bike doesn't have a lambda/02-sensor stock, disregard the info posted above, which is completely incorrect anyway. I use real science and data provided to me by Dynojet devices (Dyno and AutoTune), by a 100 million $ company who has been at fueling revisions for a very long time. If you want to risk a downloaded map, up to you. Otherwise, feel free to contact me direct email for more info; Todd at GuzziTech.com - I've been at Guzzi Injection corrections for 15+ years. Last post here on the subject.

• Like 1

I'm all in favor of changing out the early LaFranconi exhaust canisters. They are heavy and rather restrictive. Pretty much anything else sounds better (to my ears).

At the risk of being a bona fide shitgibbon (for which I have have other irreputable credentials), I still don't understand why so many feel that they had-to-have a Power Commander or must remap their ECU.

The tuning parameters on these non-Lambda (no O2 sensors) V11 are well known, approachable, and likely to give excellent results.

If you, for some reason, can't get the results you hope with an ordinary "tune-up," by all means go in deeper.

• Like 1

Racer X(Todd) pretty much summed it up. Consider my post a positive review.

Now the wait for Todd to free some time and tune the Scura Nightmare..

(Twiddling thumbs) Hint hint... ;-)

Now, there's a fact-based debate I'd be interested to read - between two knowledgable and experienced guys who work in the industry, both of whom I respect.

My only experience is:

• Scura - 100% stock mechanically. Has run perfectly for close to 12,000 miles.
  • LeMans - unknown history, but had the Ti ECU and cans when I got it. It took me a while, but I got it running quite well without ever touching the map - but weirdly, that's with the temperature sensor disconnected (which is also how it was when I got it).
  • No Lambda sensor on either bike.

I haven't felt the need for the bikes to run differently. Maybe I'm lucky - or maybe I'm not too demanding.