Any experience with this MASS exhaust ?

Walterg

Hi everyone,

I'm looking round for some new mufflers and was thinking about the below MASS slip-on muffler.

Has anyone had any experience with this model ?

Mass-slip-on.jpg

Mass-slip-on2.jpg

Thanks,

Walter

Interesting look, kinda like the Quat-D I used to have on my Griso (now it is on a different bike of mine).

Seems a little rough on finish quality, and the welds are not where I would expect them to be,but with a better finish it could be very nice.

I agree about the welds but I'm looking for pipes that are shorter than the originals. I do like the shape of them.

How much are they? There're some nice looking mivv silencers on ebay at the moment for £380. A taxi driver reversed into my bike last week wrecking the lovely titanium mistral so i'll be needing new ones too. :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-EXHAUST-MIVV-X-CONE-ST-ST-M006LC2-MOTO-GUZZI-V11-2002-02-2003-03-2004-04-/111876652254?hash=item1a0c5e3cde:g:~dAAAOSwpRRWmjR0

Yeah....I've seen those Mivv's but I think they are a bit to small. I assume they are very loud as well.

Stewgnu,

Do you have any pictures off the Mistrals you have ?

Yeah he stopped and was fairly contrite about it. Initially he wanted to settle it there&then but i pointed at the can and said 'they cost over 650 quid'. Plus the bike landed on my helmet...

His insurance has accepted and handed over to the claims company. I await a response.

Hmm dunno, the hanger is welded on and the joint weld runs on the inside too.

That repair thread is great, not sure if ive the time, or skills, to repair mine- the damage is quite bad.