2002 v11 Scura electrical issues....need help

plexiform

OK, a few days late, but I can confirm that at least for a 2002 Scura #599, the wiring is the later 2004 harness version. Referred to above as Livin' Easy.

Gotta question the term however.  Yea, on the 1999 wiring, the starter relay has to pass the headlight current, but compared to the starter solenoid current, that's easy.  And on the 2004 wiring, the keyswitch has to pass the starter solenoid current and that obviously ain't easy as it seems to be the root cause of startus interruptus.  So, don't want to gum up the works by changing the names now, but I think the 1999 version is actually the one livin' easy.

So, my plan is to cut the Red/Blu wire on #30 of Relay 1 and splice that over to the Blu wire on #30 of Relay 2.  This will source both the headlights and the starter solenoid from the Fuse 5 battery source. Since the headlight and starter relays are wired such that they alternate engaging, there should not be any additional load on the Fuse 5. Also, the Fuse 4 keyswitch is 10A while the Fuse 5 is 15A, so there should be spare fuse capability.

I've read elsewhere on this forum that the starter solenoid can inrush something like 40A. So, no fast blow fuses on that circuit !!  Also, that much current in the keyswitch can't be good.

I note that the cool diagrams of the electrical system by Kiwi Roy only apply to the 1999 diagram.

Would it be possible to obtain source copies (I'm guessing Visio) of those diagrams?  I would like to edit them to create 2004 versions.

For that matter, who is Carl Allison and is source available for his wiring diagrams.

Yep, So would the 1999 versions have headlight problems due to the constant current thru Relay #1  ?

More that the 1999-2001 stresses Relay#1.  But, yes, then the Headlight Relay has no power: no headlight, brake light, instrument illumination, tachometer, or charging.

Relay#2 is already stressed on its own, as is #5 on all V11.