V11 Rebuild and customisation

knumbnutz

Hi Everyone,

Thought  i would start a build thread for my newest addition to the garage - a V11 Lemans maskerading as a V11 Sport

25032837864_874416f84e_b.jpg

25570709771_a2cc333c39_b.jpg

These pics were taken a few years ago and unfortunately by the time i got it was in a well worn condition, shredded rear tyre, faded filthy paintwork, rust, starter issues and in need of a major service. I replaced tyres , pads, oils, etc but on the second journey around the block found the quickest way to visit a hospital was in the back of an ambulance.

I recall nothing of the accident which is the worth in 30yrs of riding and racing and 15yrs since the last crash (kangaroo at 130kms) and as much as i have tried, can't find what happened although it seems like a low side but no reason i even would have been on the brakes. Anyway... bike wasnt as damaged as me.

Howdy - 

25854537981_13f2147e6f_c.jpg

After finishing the TRX850 in the front here, i put the V11 up on the lift and started looking into what i needed to do to fix the beast up.

28269186416_da5525fec6_h.jpg

The started issues were a bad relay, simple.. Then I stripped a thread on the sump plug so knowing i had to pull the sump off, i got a roper plate in anticipation of the rebuild.

27824704203_edb49ccdcd_b.jpg

I have new rotors front and rear now and as i started stripping down the bike, I thought... i have to keep going. It needs so much tidying up. It filthy from sitting outside in the sun, rain and dust. The oil line to a head leaks, i think a stripped thread too, there is rust on some of the sub frame at the front, the gauges needed repairs and to be honest, i love the V11 but they look heavy so i want to at least make it look more cafe racer.

28475859492_1d9155286b_b.jpg

So I have started accumulating parts, clip ons, new speedo (selling the old set) new headlight which i will make the same as the TRX and Ducati in the pic, and probably a few bits and pieces as i go, like dropping the side covers for K&N with Bell mouths, carbon fibre where possible/affordable, new pipes, new pegs, new paint, new shock . Clean everything else

Some things I  love about the V11 are the lines and curves. So i don't think i will change the seat  or rear end, but i won't rule it out either. I will be making some sort of tail tidy though, possibly even under seat exhaust like i did with the TRX. 

If you have seen something like what i am talking about, please post the pic here or link. 

I'll add pics as I go. Cheers Neil

• Like 6

well... assuming the rider is fully restored, I'm looking forward to see how the bike project goes.

Well the other finger nail finally came off today. So I won't be working on bikes tonight, it's a bit ouchy

Sir has good taste in bikes! Love those trx's, i looked at acouple before settling on my v11.

One is TRX, the other is a ducati ST2. But the look some what similar.

I figure one day it will be fun to start them all at once in the garage

wow. The black Duc is stunning.

what trellis frame matched to that Yamaha?

The TRX had a trellis frame but I cut off the back end and attached a ducati 1098 subframe

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

HHmmmmmm, for some reason that picture of your shop reminds me of what my teenage sons bedroom looked like.  Please, keep us posted on the build.  What changes/modifications do you have in mind?

• Like 1