V11 Rebuild and customisation

knumbnutz

It's a great piece, I couldn't be happier with it.

Definitely want to hear more about the forks! I have a set of silver forks that I am considering building out with these, but haven't seen any feedback on the interwebs.

Same i haven't heard anything. The other week though a friend showed my his Ducati diavel and i saw that he had the fork inserts and a matris shock.

He reckons they were better. He spent a lot of money getting it the way he wanted so i can't imagine it would be for nothing.

The flip is the original are pretty spongy imho and im sure they've done their research.

They were relatively cheap and fast free shipping from italy.

I'll let you know how they turn out but it will be couple of weeks as i have a bike on my hoist at the moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

V7cafe put a set of these in his V7, but the forks had to be machined to install. The V11 units drop in?

Should be drop in.

Seems strange they needed machining??

V7cafe put a set of these in his V7, but the forks had to be machined to install. The V11 units drop in?

Should be drop in.

Seems strange they needed machining??

The US vendor he got them from (AF1Racing, Texas) did not know about the machining requirement. 

They paid to ship and machine them for him, one week turnaround. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone,
So did the forks on the weekend, took about 40mins.
Lift the front wheel up, remove it.
Loosen off triple clamp pinch bolts on top clamp only.
Theres a small grub screw that secures the drain plug on each fork leg, loosen it off, then undo the drain plug.
Place small container under fork leg where drain plug is. Undo off fork top.
Fluid will drain out.
Replace cartridges. And do process in reverse.

1 hour ago, knumbnutz said:

Hey everyone,
So did the forks on the weekend, took about 40mins.
Lift the front wheel up, remove it.
Loosen off triple clamp pinch bolts on top clamp only.
Theres a small grub screw that secures the drain plug on each fork leg, loosen it off, then undo the drain plug.
Place small container under fork leg where drain plug is. Undo off fork top.
Fluid will drain out.
Replace cartridges. And do process in reverse.

Ok, awaiting the ride appraisal. I was wondering whether these fit the earlier forks with the axle nut. I dont think the specs on these covers the earlier forks does it?

Ciao  

Ok, awaiting the ride appraisal. I was wondering whether these fit the earlier forks with the axle nut. I dont think the specs on these covers the earlier forks does it?
Ciao  
Ride report, so far feels good. Better than original.
I changed the porting on my compression fork and it felt pretty good, but there was no adjustment left.
I've only just put them in and it feels as good without any adjustments done. So it should tune up even more.

Ciao  
Yeah not sure on earlier compatibility as mine is 2003 le mans.

Yes I like the nw seat better than the original. I like the overall proportions and the Look but would still prefer something other than the  tail you made. Something small rounded with the same silhouette.

Remind me what the origin and brand the mufflers are again?  Trying to imagine them on a std V11

Ciao

Yes I like the nw seat better than the original. I like the overall proportions and the Look but would still prefer something other than the  tail you made. Something small rounded with the same silhouette.
Remind me what the origin and brand the mufflers are again?  Trying to imagine them on a std V11
Ciao
The tail is not to everyone's taste.
The pipes were custom made to my spec by the guy who alao made the original britten pipes. Hes now just down the road from me.
Personally i think they would be great on a standard V11

16 hours ago, knumbnutz said:

Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Naked 02  1.jpg

Hmmmm, thanks for the image but not feeling it on the std bike. It suits yours I think. I have always liked the shape of old MV pipes from the 70's with the curved megaphone look. If that could be combined with the Ducati Conti style end cap or similar it would be cool. What silincing medium do your pipes use? and can you replace it as the end pieces look welded.

Ciao