Tuning options for modified V11 -05 with Lambda

Anders

I recently had my 2005 LeMans tuned by Dynotec with higher comp,tuned camshaft,twin spark and so on.He modified the ECU to make it as good as possible (not 100%)as he only could go by what usually work with the Stucchi xover,modified airbox and Mistral exhausts.

It runs well right now but I think I could get more out of it as a map of a Dynorun I did showed it was a bit lean from 3000- 5000,especially on part throttle.

I'm thinking of taking it to a shop with a Dyno and finetune it.

Can I use a PC III powercommander,or can I have the ECU reflashed ?

Of what I've heard the Lambda sensor makes it harder to use a PC III.

Help apreciated.

Probarbly yes,but I'm not trusting myself connecting and trying to make things like that work.I'm scary ignorant when it comes to computers.

I was hoping I could tune it on a Dyno and then be done with it. :)

Hi Anders

I suggest you contact Tom Stålebrant at Italia Bike Center, in Arboga. He is capable of doing miracles with the power curve on a Guzzi, by remapping the ECU and correct the AFR. So you don't have to use an Power Commander. Thus, less equipment that may @#!#$# up  :thumbsup:. Of course, you need to run the bike on their Dyno during remap. 

• Like 2

Thanks Hansson ,I had the gearbox switched for a Centauro by them a few years ago on my 1100sport.They are great guys.Good to know they also tune the engines.I will maybe contact them ,but first I'll ask RG Engineering in Falkenberg and see what he sais,or ofcourse the best place in Sweden IMO,Biscaya motor as they are nearer.Lots of options then.Great!

Thank you Docc and Hansson.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that Dynotec was the tuning wizard and that you would not need to look further for a perfectly in tune V11 or any other Guzzi?

What went wrong then? 

I'm asking because I also am thinking of passing by them for a cam shaft, pushrod, dual ignition etc. job...?

• 1 year later...

I thought that Dynotec was the tuning wizard and that you would not need to look further for a perfectly in tune V11 or any other Guzzi?

What went wrong then? 

I'm asking because I also am thinking of passing by them for a cam shaft, pushrod, dual ignition etc. job...?

Hi

Very late respons.Sorry about that.Maybe you have already got sorted. Any how,if you still wonder about this. Yes Dynotec surely is a tuning wizard,they tune the ECU box according to what should be needed and do it very well,the bike runs really great,but as every bike is set up differently from the factory(it seems),Jens at Dynotec can't know exactly what your bike is going to be like,but very close to. Dynotec recommends finetuning the Co after it's been put together ,when the bike is on the road.

I can't find anyone here in Sweden who can help me with this.

Hansson,Tom at Italia bikecenter doesn't work there anymore,so I have to find someone else.

I did a Dyno run at Biscaya motor(a great Swedish workshop)at a few different throttles (25%,50%,75% and100%) and I think it's running a bit lean.