Lucky Phil

V11 Shift improvement

No matter what I do with the return spring it drags on the crescent shape part of the casting. The spring doesn't match the old one.... gotta get a new one I guess.

Where did you get the new spring? Can you post a picture of both springs?

I got the return spring from MG Cycle.

Me saying "it doesn't match the old one" might be a little extreme. It's not quite right and I might've somehow bent it.

Either way I called MG today and they were more than helpful in taking the time to check out my newly ordered spring while I tried to explain how it fits in a six speed box. Here's a pic of the spring that was making contact with the case. You can see it starting to separate while I've got the two ends of the spring together. Doesn't look like much but my old spring is flat as can be.

IMG_0139.JPG

No matter what I do with the return spring it drags on the crescent shape part of the casting. The spring doesn't match the old one.... gotta get a new one I guess.

I had this issue until I turned the spring up side down, then it didnt drag.

Ciao

Hey Phil, Since your photos for this lovely thread are being held hostage by pb, is czakky's spring positioning in the above post photo the correct one?

edit: I figured it out.

Here's a bump after working with LuckyPhil to restore the images in the Original Post.

Thanks for the extra effort, :notworthy: LuckyPhil! :thumbsup:

• Like 6