2002 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Revival

Cdogger

You can't trade Guzzi parts for crack, so Guzzis are almost worthless to a dirtbag. I know of one that was stolen in Europe, but it was found shortly. :huh2:  I know of two chromed out Eldos that were ripped off in SoCal. The perps probably thought they were Harleys. I've never heard of a V11S being ripped off.

To be honest it is a Motorcycle lol. If someone really wants it they will take it. But what you are trying to prevent is mainly someone wishing to take it for a joy ride. So there are several things you can do to help prevent this. Brake disc locks are available that simply go through one of the cooling holes of the brake disc and locks on preventing it from rolling. The downside is they are pretty easy not to notice so you will have to remember it is on there lol. And of coarse there are those rubber coated cable locks that are available and probably every home improvement store. You can snake them through the wheels and forks or rear swing arm and if you get one long enough you could snake it around a fairly unmovable object. And of coarse you could locate a small kill switch in the electrical system. But someone else on the forum that is good with wiring would have to help you with this set up. Those are the pretty cheap routs. As of course you can go up from there with GPS systems that will keep your motorcycle located if it is stolen. But I am sure they are not cheap but I could very well be wrong.   

I hope you have a long way to go to school. the VIIs are not easy to ride in traffic and don't take kindly to short hops.

You could disable relay 4, that would make it pretty much impossible to start and hard to troubleshoot.

The disc lock or even the steering lock would make it hard to load up.

I hope you have a long way to go to school. the VIIs are not easy to ride in traffic and don't take kindly to short hops.

What he said. Also, if your commute to school is indeed short you'll want to hook the old girl to a battery tender regularly.

What he said. Also, if your commute to school is indeed short you'll want to hook the old girl to a battery tender regularly.

Good advice on the short "commute."

And, oh my . . . the AGM battery thing:

Not all "trickle chargers" will dance well with your AGM . . .

Odyssey PC545 Battery conditioning

My ride to school is about 8 miles. Half way through my school day I go to a technical college for a Tig/stick welding class with the college kids and that's about a 10 minute drive on the highway. I have a battery charger for the bike in the garage so I'm ok there.

I see that battery thread has over 70 posts. This one *might* offer somewhat of a summary:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18838&p=209451

Also, I would think it good to make sure she has *fresh* fuel to run on. High octane/zero ethanol would be preferable . . .

If the motor oil has not been changed in years, bring it home hot and drain the old, nasty stuff out while it's hot.

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the bushings that are on the side panels. Harper's doesn't have them and MG only has the rubber half. If anyone has any extras I will buy 2.

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the bushings that are on the side panels. Harper's doesn't have them and MG only has the rubber half. If anyone has any extras I will buy 2.

I am sorry but what bushing are you referring to? Do you have a picture of what said bushing should look like? And what material are they made of currently?