2002 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Revival

Cdogger

Yup, I had to replace a silent block too. I Just replaced them all. Something about that Italian rubber. Solids, tubing, hoses, boots, etc, seem to dry rot. The silent block replacements, at least the ones from MGcycle, are aftermarket and seem to be better quality. Those little rubber expanding nuts that hold the fairing sides needed replacement on mine as well. I got some from MGC and some oem's from Harpers. Yeah get some pics up when you get a chance.

Don't those same pieces mount the coils and the ECU?

Yup, I had to replace a silent block too. I Just replaced them all. Something about that Italian rubber. Solids, tubing, hoses, boots, etc, seem to dry rot. The silent block replacements, at least the ones from MGcycle, are aftermarket and seem to be better quality. Those little rubber expanding nuts that hold the fairing sides needed replacement on mine as well. I got some from MGC and some oem's from Harpers. Yeah get some pics up when you get a chance.

Don't those same pieces mount the coils and the ECU?

the ecu mounts at MGC is p/n 9221315. the instrument 'silent block' is 93222023. they look the same in photos. might be different in length or thread. the body panel fasteners are 93231605 or 1606

Does the right side exhaust header or exhaust canister have any signs of damage?

Looks like she might have got pitched hard on her right side?

ah photos! I can see the clutch fluid needs changed. On the exhaust, from what I can see, try loosening the clamps on the muffler/ crossover and the muffler hanger and tap the can rearward with a rubber mallet.

*****yeah, check that ... it won't slide back on the hanger bracket. I was thinking it had strap hangers like mine. What docc said... and see if the rear footpeg/hanger bracket is bent.

Does the right side exhaust header or exhaust canister have any signs of damage?

Looks like she might have got pitched hard on her right side?

Yeah. When my uncle bought the bike secondhand back in 2007, there were some scratches on the right side muffler. I also know the bike once tipped over in the wind and gas leaked and stripped some paint from the right fairing.

the clip on can be bent back. mine was the same. take it off, strip it bare and put in a vise. use an iron pipe to GENTLY pull it back. take your time, it can be damaged. mine went back fine and fast.

The exhaust clip?