• HyperPro
    • Ohlins
    • Penske
    • Wilbers
    • Nitron
    • M-Shock
    • YSS
    • Other

Please help me out and click on the Poll.

Please also add if you want, details about your shock -

eg: I have a Hyperpro 460, love it, work well, cost $xxxx

Thanks Neil

The wife's V11 runs a Penske adjustable (I forget the version, has compression and rebound) because the OEM Sachs failed. The Sachs suffered the classic crack in the lower eye mount. Of course that simply provided an excuse to replace it with a way better shock. The price ain't cheap, but Michael Himmelsbach @ Penske was easy to deal with and built us a custome shock in a very short amount of time. That was nice as we were getting ready to go on the yearly trip to Indy for racing.

It works much better now, zero complaints or regrets.

• Like 1

Hyperpro 460. Around 500-550 bucks. Didn't get the external reservoir thingy. I might have gone for a Penske but they were estimating 4 weeks delivery at the time I needed one.

MUCH better than the stock Sachs. I had the fork springs done too, (Race Tech) and new valves.

Together, they transformed the bike....

• Like 1

I have the same Hyperpro as JB on my LeMans. I also found it to be an improvement, but I don't think the Sachs was in good shape at the time (so not a totally fair comparison). I like the fact that I could buy the unit relatively inexpensively, they set it up based on my weight and riding style, and that the external reservoir and related adjustments can be added later (for a price), during a rebuild.

If I could vote twice, I would have clicked Ohlins for my Scura. It's better, but some of that may be due to the forks also being better. The same road just feels smoother on my Ohlins-Scura vs my Marzocchi-Hyperpro-LeMans. 

• Like 1

I also have the Hyperpro 460 after the Sachs was cactus at 40thou k's.

Also have new springs and a re-valve up front and these mods have made a huge difference!

We were living up in the Dandenong ranges ( hills area around Melbourne with plenty of curves ) when I had this done so I can highly recommend the mods!!

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 1

I also have the Hyperpro 460 after the Sachs was cactus at 40thou k's.

Also have new springs and a re-valve up front and these mods have made a huge difference!

We were living up in the Dandenong ranges ( hills area around Melbourne with plenty of curves ) when I had this done so I can highly recommend the mods!!

Cheers Guzzler

Who did your springs and revalve? in Australia ?

Wilbers with the lot, compression, high and low speed rebound damping, hydraulic pre-load, external reservoir, custom made for my weight and riding style/conditions.

I have used or had experience with std Ohlins, TTX Ohlins, Penske,and just about every other brand of shock at one time or another over the last 40 years and the Wilbers is up there with the Penske and TTX Ohlins for quality and performance.

Ciao 

• Like 1