Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

I have a little spare time, and am looking into this. The easiest way is just to weld an extension on the original.. I think that's what Phil did.

If there's enough interest, I'll make a form tool and new levers out of 4130 with the 12mm extension on the CNC mill.

How much would I have to charge? Dunno. I guess it depends on how many I make, but it Shirley  :) wouldn't be over $50.

Reply here or send an email to 59.Chuck Gmail.com

29128819521_0a6a643aff_c.jpg2016-08-24_03-08-08 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

• Like 1

I have a little spare time, and am looking into this. The easiest way is just to weld an extension on the original.. I think that's what Phil did.

If there's enough interest, I'll make a form tool and new levers out of 4130 with the 12mm extension on the CNC mill.

How much would I have to charge? Dunno. I guess it depends on how many I make, but it Shirley  :) wouldn't be over $50.

Reply here or send an email to 59.Chuck Gmail.com

29128819521_0a6a643aff_c.jpg2016-08-24_03-08-08 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

You're the man Chuck :notworthy:

I'll take one for the cause. I looked at making a complete one as well but I'd have to do it by hand which I would have if it was a flat piece, so I just went the weld on option. I did do a validation trial with a bolted on piece just to test though.

I'll have a "Gator red" one Chuck :grin:

Ciao 

I'll finish the tooling this afternoon. With any luck at all, I'll have the first part.. but.. when you are forming sheet metal what the math says and what actually happens isn't always the same. If it isn't it will be back to square one on the machining fixture.  :homer: