Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

Eeeks! More people want these than I expected.

Well, when you promise to make something longer... and the effect is greater power and precision with up and down motion... and it enhances the riding experience...

Not only longer for 4 hours but forever..  :grin:  What was I thinking?  :homer:  Two left up for grabs..

Hey Chuck - I was just thinking... the shift levers are not the same between the early, red-frame models and the later, black-frame models.

I discovered this difference when I bought a used shifter from an early sport and tried to put it on my 2003 LeMans - didn't fit. 

I don't know what, if any, effect that will have on the part you're making. I think that they will work for any 2002 and later model - since you are testing it on the mighty-mighty-Scura. But compatibility with early models should be verified. Sorry to throw a potential problem in here. Maybe one person with an early sport can test it - so you don't end up "shipping and fondling" incompatible bits.

Here are two pics of an early and late shifter side by side. The older one is wider, the newer one has the bushing. I no longer have the early shifter, so cannot take measurements. From the pics, I think the offset between the two surfaces is about the same.

IMG_3079.jpg  IMG_3080.jpg

Skud my 2000 Greeny is the same as the top one in the photo with the extended bush.

I also have a spare assy off a V11 Rosso Corse and its the same, with the extended bush and they came out when, 2004?

Dont know.

Ciao

Hmmm... I just looked up the gearshift lever for 1999, 2002, and 2003 on Harper's website. The part numbers are the same (01250830) for all three.

The wider one in the picture, without the extended bushing, is from a used part that I got from a member of this forum - who said it was from an early sport. Now I'm doubting that - since the part numbers are the same for all three years. I hope I have not unnecessarily confused the issue. 

• Like 1

Hmm - I have the early levers (two of them) and just fettled a late model Rosso Corsa that had no extended bushings. Any chance that bushing just walked itself out a bit?

Measurement across the "early Sport" shift lever at the pivot: ~76mm/ 3.048"

Chuck, I sent an email to 59chuck at g mail dot com ---I FORGOT the dot after59!!!! I asked for 2. Do you have me down for 1 at least?

I will shoot an email to the correct one now

weird thing is, the wrong address went through??? 

so, I sent it without the dot and then without a capital C. you may have rec'd more than one. sorry

It seemed easy:(

Hmmm... I just looked up the gearshift lever for 1999, 2002, and 2003 on Harper's website. The part numbers are the same (01250830) for all three.

I agree Tim. On my shift lever, the bush (item 2 in the picture) protruded out of the inner face, but is flush on the outer face.

V11 Gear Lever 2003.JPG 

Do the part numbers change for #16 : "lever?"

Or should those bushes simply be pressed back in?

Oh - you mean I should compare the part numbers for the actual part we are talking about. Brilliant!

The part number is same in the 1999, 2002, and 2004 diagrams at Harpers:  01258230

Sorry for the false alarm. 

Scud

:stupid:

That some of the foot levers have different appearances (protruding bushing) is no false alarm.

There are two lower-rear subframe versions (late model long-frame has braced subframes).

Do any of the late models index the protruding bushing into the subframe tab?

Chuck,

I'd be in for one too, if you still have any available still. Will send you contact info via email tomorrow.

Thanks!

Andy