Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

you could still convert your existing arm to a Lucky Phil extended arm. That's how Phil started it all. It's on the forum somewhere where he did the first one.

Yes its an easy mod to do, a drill a steel rule a hacksaw a file,some 4mm (from memory) piece of scrap mild steel and a welder. My test iteration wasn't even welded but bolted together as proof of concept then Chuck got all show offy and made lovely crafts person type ones :notworthy: and retired to the Bahamas:)

Ciao 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes its an easy mod to do, a drill a steel rule a hacksaw a file,some 4mm (from memory) piece of scrap mild steel and a welder. My test iteration wasn't even welded but bolted together as proof of concept then Chuck got all show offy and made lovely crafts person type ones :notworthy: and retired to the Bahamas:)

Ciao 

That's not true, Phil. My helicopter broke down, so I couldn't get to the yacht to go to the Bahamas..:oldgit:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, Chuck said:

^^^^^ That's 6 that I remember. Everybody that wants one (or several) chime in. I'll (with any luck at all) make it happen.

Hey Chuck,     I assumed that this "Phil extender" that I had seen mentioned was to do with an extender on the exterior gear lever, but when I start ripping through all the info, it looks like it's a redesigned internal shifting arm?

I really don't have time or head space right now to research the whole thing, but if it is a worthwhile mod that "should" be done on my 2003 V11 Lemans, please put me down for one.

I was planning on doing the shift return spring job soon, but if it makes sense to hold off and do it at the same time as the "Phil extender" I'll wait.

I'm jockeying bikes on lifts right now, planning work; if this extender job happens, what time line are you looking at, or are you still waiting for final numbers?

Tks very much

Kelly

Not to be answering for Chuck, but the shift extender is external.

It's the zinc chromate (flat green) doober in this image as if you were the front of your rear tire looking forward to the left . .

IMG_2743.JPG

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, docc said:

Not to be answering for Chuck, but the shift extender is external.

It's the zinc chromate (flat green) doober in this image as if you were the front of your rear tire looking forward to the left . .

IMG_2743.JPG

Hey Docc, That's excellent, tks for jumping in, helps me plan my work a lot, knowing that if I change the shift spring and put in good Redline gear oil I won't have to dump it to do this job,

Chuck if you happen to see this, definitely put me down for one.

Tks

Kelly

• Thanks 1

Hey, Kelly, for sure The LuckyPhil-ChuckMade Extender, and grooming the external shift mechanism is worth performing. As is the RedLine (I prefer ShockProof Lightweight, but we all have our preferences).  When removing the sideplate to install The Awesome Forever Shift Spring (accept no substitutes!), absolutely  perform LuckyPhil's V11 Shift Improvement:

• Thanks 1

I'm jockeying bikes on lifts right now, planning work; if this extender job happens, what time line are you looking at, or are you still waiting for final numbers?

Hi, Kelly.. you are number 8. I have no idea about time line or if we get 10 that want them. I would have to order material from a place that may or may not be open, and get the stuff that doesn't matter done by a water jet shop that may or may not be open, either.

This thread is where it all happens. What I've been doing is have you send me an email or PM with your shipping info, and when I ship them out tell you how much shipping is. Shipping has been running roughly $3.50 US to roughly $15 US for furriners, except Kanukistanians, which are around $8.50 from memory. People can either paypal, personal check, barter for beer, etc. Previously, after having material in hand it takes a couple of weeks to work into the water jet shop's schedule, then run them on the cnc, form them, bead blast and paint them.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Hi, Kelly.. you are number 8. I have no idea about time line or if we get 10 that want them. I would have to order material from a place that may or may not be open, and get the stuff that doesn't matter done by a water jet shop that may or may not be open, either.

This thread is where it all happens. What I've been doing is have you send me an email or PM with your shipping info, and when I ship them out tell you how much shipping is. Shipping has been running roughly $3.50 US to roughly $15 US for furriners, except Kanukistanians, which are around $8.50 from memory. People can either paypal, personal check, barter for beer, etc. Previously, after having material in hand it takes a couple of weeks to work into the water jet shop's schedule, then run them on the cnc, form them, bead blast and paint them.

Hey Chuck,     That sounds excellent, I'll save the trannie jobs for later on, it'll give me time to read up on it, sounds like there are 3-4 things worth doing while I'm at it.

I'll pm you with my info.

Tks very much for once again putting the work harness on and helping us all keep these guzzis running right ;~) 

Kelly

Anyone have a source for the improved shift kit for the early models (#973260900017). Tried Harpers and Teo L. and neither had any. Harpers shows them on the website, but they are out. Just wondering if anyone knows of a cache of NOS somewhere since Guzzi is no longer making them? If they are now unobtanium, has anyone figured a way around this other than finding a later model box that would in most cases be very cost prohibitive?

Thanks