Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

12 hours ago, PDBoulder said:

Hi Chuck,

Please add me to the list.

Woops, I missed this one. Crap. I may be out of parts. Send me an email (or PM) with your shipping address.

Whoa, stop the presses. When I first ordered material, I had 12 orders. I told the water jet shop to just use up the material. They cut out 24 blanks. During the production run this weekend, my operator (me) :rolleyes: didn't get two fully seated in the pocket before clamping them down. Those two are .020" off, and don't meet the rigorous AeroMotive inspection methods. :rasta:

So. I have orders for 23 this morning. (!) I'll take one off the Mighty Scura, and put one of the out of spec parts on her.

That's it. No more..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VeeEleven said:

Hi Chuck,

I'd like one too. :)

Let me know what I owe you, including shipping to Sweden.

I'm going to deliver them in order. Sorry, you are the last that asked for one. You get the one off the MIghty Scura. I bead blasted and powder coated it. It is not new, and not "perfect" ;) so I will sell it to you for half price if that is ok with you.

Here's the last and no doubt highly collectable run of Lucky Phil Shifter Extenders (tm) :mg:

IMG_20200525_070541226.jpg

I had some thin paint on one, and googled to see if you could recoat. Naturally, some said yes, others no.:rolleyes: I'm now in the no camp. Ended up with some roughness and a couple of spots. Thought, Oh, no problem, I'll just bead blast it and recoat..

That's some pretty tenacious stuff.. :oldgit::grin:

I'll go to the post office after lunch and pick up some customs declarations which I have to fill out in triplicate, then the post office lady has to fill them out in triplicate.. what's up with that? My packaging lady is off today, too..so it will probably be Wednesday when I start shipping them. If you haven't sent me an email or PM with your shipping address, you had better get on the stick. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

:homer: Forgot this is a holiday. With all this hovering around the house, every day is like the last one. For some reason, I thought it was Saturday last Wednesday.. needless to say, the Post Office is closed..but.. I did get the Mighty Scura out and roared around a bit. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Chuck said:

I'm going to deliver them in order. Sorry, you are the last that asked for one. You get the one off the MIghty Scura. I bead blasted and powder coated it. It is not new, and not "perfect" ;) so I will sell it to you for half price if that is ok with you.

Should fit my Scura just fine then.😊

Thank you for the kind offer to reduce the price, but I insist on paying full regardless of condition.

PM with shipping details to follow.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Chuck said:

Here's the last and no doubt highly collectable run of Lucky Phil Shifter Extenders (tm) :mg:

IMG_20200525_070541226.jpg

I had some thin paint on one, and googled to see if you could recoat. Naturally, some said yes, others no.:rolleyes: I'm now in the no camp. Ended up with some roughness and a couple of spots. Thought, Oh, no problem, I'll just bead blast it and recoat..

That's some pretty tenacious stuff.. :oldgit::grin:

I'll go to the post office after lunch and pick up some customs declarations which I have to fill out in triplicate, then the post office lady has to fill them out in triplicate.. what's up with that? My packaging lady is off today, too..so it will probably be Wednesday when I start shipping them. If you haven't sent me an email or PM with your shipping address, you had better get on the stick. :)

Doing the job,, and the hours,,, one thing,, But the time spent in the postoffice,  hmm, worth some beermoney from me, I'm in.     Thanks Chuck.

Cheers tom.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Doing the job,, and the hours,,, one thing,, But the time spent in the postoffice,  hmm, worth some beermoney from me, I'm in.     Thanks Chuck.

Cheers tom.

Thanks, but no need for beer money, Tom. All the running is figured into the price. If all I had to do was *make* them, they wouldn't cost much. :)

Here's what happens. Order stock. An hour and a half round trip to the water jet shop to take material and a CAD file to them. Twiddle my thumbs a while. :rasta: Another hour and a half round trip to pick up blanks. Set up the fixture on the cnc. Find the program and remember :rolleyes: what tools are used. Do the machine work. File and deburr. Run them through the 20 Ton press in the little die set I made to form them. Degrease from the forming operation. Bead blast. Wipe down with solvent. Paint. Package and address. Off to the post office. Beer o'clock. :grin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My *Original*  :notworthy:LuckyPhil :notworthy:Chuck-made zinc chromated Extender is a treasure. I now feel like I should have clear coated it . . .

IMG_2743.JPG

35 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Thanks, but no need for beer money, Tom. All the running is figured into the price. If all I had to do was *make* them, they wouldn't cost much. :)

Here's what happens. Order stock. An hour and a half round trip to the water jet shop to take material and a CAD file to them. Twiddle my thumbs a while. :rasta: Another hour and a half round trip to pick up blanks. Set up the fixture on the cnc. Find the program and remember :rolleyes: what tools are used. Do the machine work. File and deburr. Run them through the 20 Ton press in the little die set I made to form them. Degrease from the forming operation. Bead blast. Wipe down with solvent. Paint. Package and address. Off to the post office. Beer o'clock. :grin:

I'm glad you laid out the process Chuck. I dont think people in these days of on line ordering and a few days later something appears in the mail box appreciate the process from drawing board to finished product. Not aimed at anyone here, thinking more of my kids and others in the general public without any technical knowledge, that cant understand why something either takes time or costs money or often both.

Ciao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, docc said:

My *Original*  :notworthy:LuckyPhil :notworthy:Chuck-made zinc chromated Extender is a treasure. I now feel like I should have clear coated it . . .

IMG_2743.JPG

Collector items docc, like most things green:)

Ciao

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Collector items docc, like most things green:)

Ciao

I don't know whether to post my (worn out) Greenie Strut (by Roger Miller:thumbsup:) or my Aermacchi inspired alternator cover (that everyone has been so kind and restrained to simply not comment on. :huh:)

All-y'all still just amaze me. -_-

IMG_7545.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmY0Nw0HbAvHKeb4K8s6I

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, docc said:

IMG_2743.JPG

Næh, just keep it as CLEAN, will last another 100k's, AND looks special. Thanks to, to the brain who had the thoughts to figure it out  ( Phil ). It really makes a big difference in shifting, period. Last IPA.

Cheers tom.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I'm glad you laid out the process Chuck. I dont think people in these days of on line ordering and a few days later something appears in the mail box appreciate the process from drawing board to finished product. Not aimed at anyone here, thinking more of my kids and others in the general public without any technical knowledge, that cant understand why something either takes time or costs money or often both.

Ciao

I had a look for your original thread on the idea and mfg of the very first one Phil. Would have posted the link if I'd found it, to show the thought process behind it as well as a guide for those who missed out on one this time and may want to make their own. Thanks for coming up with the idea and sharing.

• Like 2