Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

22 minutes ago, footgoose said:

I had a look for your original thread on the idea and mfg of the very first one Phil. Would have posted the link if I'd found it, to show the thought process behind it as well as a guide for those who missed out on one this time and may want to make their own. Thanks for coming up with the idea and sharing.

Thanks for that. I honestly get a great deal of joy sharing ideas and helping people with problems. I do think though that the real talent is materialising the idea and developing it into a workable ,reliable piece of engineering.  

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Alrighty, now.. they are winging your way after a marathon packing and shipping session with Dorcia's help. Domestic should arrive in 2-3 days. Overseas should arrive eventually. :huh2: From memory, the longest of the last batch was about 10 days. FWIW, USPS has never lost any that I've sent out so far, but I have tracking numbers if necessary. Whew! It's officially beer o'clock. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

just throwing this out there for the overseas folks. I bought a patch from Australia at the start of the virus scare and it took 45 days. The seller on the other end said it sat 14 days minimum in customs. But... that was coming here to US so who knows. Just don't worry like I did:blush:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, footgoose said:

just throwing this out there for the overseas folks. I bought a patch from Australia at the start of the virus scare and it took 45 days. The seller on the other end said it sat 14 days minimum in customs. But... that was coming here to US so who knows. Just don't worry like I did:blush:

Yeah, I've been starting on an airplane project for *something to do* during the Covid crisis. Wood from Canada eh? and chrome moly tubing from Germany were both held up in customs for what seemed like forever while I was sitting around waiting for it.

14 hours ago, footgoose said:

I was lucky, I had a big order from Mandello Italy to Canada, just before CV19;

My orders from the US during CV19 have been a little slower, but steady and reliable except for one lengthy holdover in Chicago by USPS.

The strangest delay was on an order from the US by Fedex, it came across the Canadian border quickly, then sat in a warehouse in Ottawa only 15 minutes from me for almost a week iirc.

I think all delivery services are maxed out, but with modern tracking methods, seem to function with relatively rock solid reliability.

It's been such a busy spring on many different fronts for me, I've barely had time to get to the bikes, the timing of the shipment should be just about right.

Chuck, thanks very much taking this on and being so generous with your time and expertise.

Much gratitude, respect and appreciation

Tks

Kelly

15 hours ago, po18guy said:

PayPal sent to  "friend" $54.05

Hey.. we're all friends here. :grin: Honestly, I don't mind PayPal getting their cut. It makes it so much simpler for both the buyer and seller *especially* when dealing with non domestic. I worked with a guy in Australia on a Lario engine that didn't want to pay PayPal fees and by the time the banks had done money transfers, etc. it cost more. :huh2:

So, either way is ok with me. For those of you that have already paid..Thanks! I know some paid yesterday as soon as I sent out the cryptic copy and paste messages. I haven't even looked yet. Sorry I wasn't chatty.. I was just trying to get them all done and going to the right place. Dorcia and I were doing a "production" operation.

• Thanks 4

And, of my two PayPal debit card choices, the credit union does not also charge a fee, but the commercial bank does. After all, it is "their" money, right?

EDIT: Since I in fact had not received any product, it could only be sent to a friend. Should something arrive at my door, even better!

7 hours ago, Chuck said:

Yeah, I've been starting on an airplane project for *something to do* during the Covid crisis. Wood from Canada eh? and chrome moly tubing from Germany were both held up in customs for what seemed like forever while I was sitting around waiting for it.

You'll be putting a V11 engine in the nose of that one, right? :grin:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, VeeEleven said:

Guzzi-Morgan.png

Who knows, it might fly...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VeeEleven said:

Believe me, I tried. The problem is this is an "ultralight" and has a max weight of 254 lbs by definition. I thought of a 650, inverted to get the thrust line in the correct place, dry sump,  and limited to 3400 rpm.. but it was still too heavy. :huh2:

I'll use a half VW, or a Verner 3 cylinder radial. TBD.

• Sad 1