Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

On 6/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, Chuck said:

Has everyone's extender :) arrived? Nico in New Zealand said his finally did. If so, I'll throw away the tracking numbers..

Nope, not yet.

Not really surprising either, given current circumstances.

It'll get here eventually.😊

• Like 1

Yes sir, extenders came in yesterday, B thanks.

Cheers tom 

Again, thank you for standing in the Piaggio gap and easing our rides! I believe that all foreign mail is quarantined for two weeks. That seems to be the added delay for parcels from overseas. Now that the valve cover leak has been fixed, looking for another nice day to swap that shift extender out. In any case, I cannot get the shifter height (shaft length) adjustment to budge, so off it will come for some tough love. 

Is it just coincidence that my hammer collection is now bigger (and heavier) than ever…???

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chuck said:

Is that it? Does everyone have theirs, now?

Nope. It's still out there in the blue yonder. :rolleyes:

No biggie though, I'm running with my concept test plate while waiting for the real deal. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Chuck, Don't want to be a neusence, but I  just wanted to check to see if there's any more interest in a second batch of these. 

Sounds like your barried in other projects, I  can relate to that. I'm getting ready to install a Centauro shift lever on my V11 and thought this would be a good time to upgrade the shift arm. Please keep us posted if you decide on doing another batch. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Vic said:

Hello Chuck, Don't want to be a neusence, but I  just wanted to check to see if there's any more interest in a second batch of these. 

Sounds like your barried in other projects, I  can relate to that. I'm getting ready to install a Centauro shift lever on my V11 and thought this would be a good time to upgrade the shift arm. Please keep us posted if you decide on doing another batch. Thanks!

The market *may* be saturated. When I first made them, I thought maybe 10 would want them, but it sort of snowballed. I've made a bunch of them since then. I put a "factory reject" on the Mighty Scura to finish the last order, so I'm tapped out.

The easiest thing for you to do is simply weld an extension on your OEM lever. I think that's what Lucky Phil originally did.

• Like 1

The ones that you made are so nice,like they came from the factory, the welded extension mod probably won't be to pretty. But I  understand that your glade to be finished with this project.  Time to break out the old mig machine and see what I can do. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks. :) If I were doing it, I'd cut the shifter off square, make the extension to fit that, chamfer both sides 45 degrees, clamp them down and weld a small bead on both sides. Do a good job, and it would be hardly noticeable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chuck said:

The market *may* be saturated. When I first made them, I thought maybe 10 would want them, but it sort of snowballed. I've made a bunch of them since then. I put a "factory reject" on the Mighty Scura to finish the last order, so I'm tapped out.

The easiest thing for you to do is simply weld an extension on your OEM lever. I think that's what Lucky Phil originally did.

I made my first one before I saw this . I just made an extension that the extra distance would clear the frame and used the two holes in the original lever and used two 6mm  bolts to mate the two together . This was so if I didn't like it , I could go back to original .

• Like 1