Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

Calling @Bingbong @motortouring @Cold Desert Rat . . . . . .

[edit: alright, I have narrowed the other interested members to these three, set notifications here ("@username"), and sent each a "PM"/forum message. One of these fellows is in The Netherlands, one in Spain, and one in the western USA. ]

>  Let's give them a few days to pm, @Chuck ?

Otherwise, I have another way to reach out to them. Please post when you get their confirmation.  <

• Like 1

Received the chrome moly today, and thought, "man.. that's heavier than I would expect." Sure enough, I fat fingered the order and got 2 pieces instead of one. That should be a lifetime supply of shifter extender stock.. :rolleyes:

At any rate, this run is officially on. I'll take material and a .dxf file to the water jet shop tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll buy two in the "unlikely" event that other V11s show up in my garage in future.

I bought a spare last time you did a run and recently used it on the Nero Corsa.

Ooh, well if it helps you to cover the costs I like to make my order one more, 3 in total.

Always a good birthday present for the V11 friends in the neighbourhood.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scud said:

I'll buy two in the "unlikely" event that other V11s show up in my garage in future.

I bought a spare last time you did a run and recently used it on the Nero Corsa.

Ok, Tim.. you are on the list, and I have your address.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, motortouring said:

Ooh, well if it helps you to cover the costs I like to make my order one more, 3 in total.

Always a good birthday present for the V11 friends in the neighbourhood.

No need to pay me for fat fingering the order, but if you *want* another I'll put a 3 beside your name instead of 2.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

No need to pay me for fat fingering the order, but if you *want* another I'll put a 3 beside your name instead of 2.

Yes, I want :D

• Haha 1

So, I see the latest posts on the Lucky Phil/Chuck Extender Mod and thought I'd chime in.

After I removed the lowered foot peg set-up installed by the PO of my Lemans, I installed the Lucky Phil/Chuck Extender Mod.  I have no regrets, like the short throw and think it has a more natural feel or at least what I am used to on a modern day motorcycle. 

Thanks for coming up with this mod and making it readily available to the rest of us.

Art

PS - One of these days I still have to do the shift spring thing before I lose track of the replacement.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, guzziart said:

So, I see the latest posts on the Lucky Phil/Chuck Extender Mod and thought I'd chime in.

After I removed the lowered foot peg set-up installed by the PO of my Lemans, I installed the Lucky Phil/Chuck Extender Mod.  I have no regrets, like the short throw and think it has a more natural feel or at least what I am used to on a modern day motorcycle. 

Thanks for coming up with this mod and making it readily available to the rest of us.

Art

PS - One of these days I still have to do the shift spring thing before I lose track of the replacement.

The forum consists not only of beta testers, but also beta fixers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

…late to the party. I haven't even got my 2003 V11s running yet. Assuming I will, do I need this mod? As I read other post, it would seem it's a marked improvement, easily notable once completed. I don't want to be left out, lol. I'll order one, but am confused as to why many of you are ordering more than one. 

• Like 1

you don't need one, you want one. It makes for better positive shifts. Some order more than one to get the numbers up to make a mfg run possible, and in case another V11 lands in the garage. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1