Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

OK, who was the member that switched out the long shift lever pivot bolt with one with a longer un-threaded section? I can't find one anywhere. The problem with the stock bolt is the threaded section goes too deep into the carrier (on the inner end). The threaded area is a smaller diameter than the collar. Not by much, but causes it to rattle a bit at that spot. I remember someone mentioning it and forgot to follow up. :oldgit: I figure as long as we're focusing on shift improvement, why not?

I wrote a comment about that back in post 27 of this topic, along with adding a grease nipple.

I got a bolt that was too long, cut it to length, then threaded it the minimum amount needed.

• Like 1

OK, who was the member that switched out the long shift lever pivot bolt with one with a longer un-threaded section? I can't find one anywhere. The problem with the stock bolt is the threaded section goes too deep into the carrier (on the inner end). The threaded area is a smaller diameter than the collar. Not by much, but causes it to rattle a bit at that spot. I remember someone mentioning it and forgot to follow up. :oldgit: I figure as long as we're focusing on shift improvement, why not?

I wrote a comment about that back in post 27 of this topic, along with adding a grease nipple.

I got a bolt that was too long, cut it to length, then threaded it the minimum amount needed.

Yes Marty, that is the post I saw. I remember thinking mine rattles there a bit too. I'll keep looking for one, but that long of an unthreaded section And a socket head is rare. Nipple's are always a good idea too. Thank's for catching me up.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for knocking this out Chuck!

Now my shifter improvement project will be complete. This will match nicely with my best ever, super deluxe, properly engineered, belts and suspenders shift return spring.   :luigi:  :race:  :rasta:  :bier:

I presume you are also performing LuckyPhil's "Shift Improvement" modifications?

Yes, thats the plan.  :grin: 

I have a new selector that I've straightened and dressed in preparation as well as all new springs, the McMaster bearing upgrade, replacement seals, and other goodies I've discovered while scouring all the valuable info here.  :nerd: Not that shifting has been terrible, but while I'm in there doing preventative maintenance replacing the selector return spring, why not. 

• Like 1

Aaaaarg.. I just received this:

My package arrived this morning, but to my surprise there are two. Could you tell me who the second one is for so I can forward it on. 

Uh oh. That means someone paid for 2 and got one. For whatever reason, I had Rob down for 2. 

Who did I short change??

I'll get into this in the morning. We're having a dinner party tomorrow night, and I have to make a rib rub, and get the ribs prepped tonight. 

Chuck.

Dont know the collar of the pills the mailman are using,,,, but I was Lucky recieving the 2 I ordered today,, was that 8days only.  Overnight sounds like a Wonder.    Ok another homemade IPA.

Thanks Chuck

Cheers tom.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Mike S,

No need to wait, I have one on hand. I have sent you a PM

Rob

Yay.. :thumbsup: I was going to mention that the OEM's shipping department screwed up and sent Rob an extra.. :whistle: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Al, Martin, Dave.. I have recently upgraded the cnc and computer, and will use up my available blanks to make some for you.

Send your mailing address to:

59dot Chuck at gmail dot com.

• Like 1