Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

4 hours ago, hammershaug said:

Greenie green:D

I can do that. :grin: I just bought a bag of powder that color for the airplane I'm building.

IMG_20200808_183525881.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chuck said:

I can do that. :grin: I just bought a bag of powder that color for the airplane I'm building.

Ā 

Was going to say, what are you building, your own wood-wing Bellanca or something?

4 hours ago, po18guy said:

Was going to say, what are you building, your own wood-wing Bellanca or something?

Naa, just an ultra light for *something to do* while I'm stuck at home for the foreseeable future. Like this..

Uhh, I give up, I don't know how to embed a video..:huh2:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0cn_RCfI6P8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6 hours ago, doslemans said:

Hey Chuck, Pat from Tennessee and have not really read up on what these do but will take one, too.Ā  Thanks a bunch

Don't read too much . Just get one and install .Ā  No more HĀ FarmallĀ  shifting . It will take a week to find N the shifting will be so close . You will be mad at yourself for not doing this earlier !

Ā DO IT !

• Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 3:27 AM, Chuck said:

Naa, just an ultra light for *something to do* while I'm stuck at home for the foreseeable future. Like this..

Uhh, I give up, I don't know how to embed a video..:huh2:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0cn_RCfI6P8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will this work?:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0cn_RCfI6P8

At least itā€™s a link to see.Ā 

Just ā€œsomething to doā€ huh? Dang. RESPECT to you, sir!

• Like 1

Yeah, that's it.. thanks for that. All airplanes are a bigger job than most realize, but this one is (relatively) easy. I expect to fly it next spring, and will have had something to think about and *do* for a year of staying at home.

I spent 12 years scratch building a 1930 Great Lakes from the original factory drawings.. now *that* was a job. :grin:

36539947116_7c58a5a916_k.jpg044 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Needless to say.. I like building airplanes..:rasta:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā  Ā 
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Yeah, that's it.. thanks for that. All airplanes are a bigger job than most realize, but this one is (relatively) easy. I expect to fly it next spring, and will have had something to think about and *do* for a year of staying at home.

I spent 12 years scratch building a 1930 Great Lakes from the original factory drawings.. now *that* was a job. :grin:

36539947116_7c58a5a916_k.jpg044 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Needless to say.. I like building airplanes..:rasta:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā  Ā 

I mean building from scratch is massively impressive Chuck but more so sticking at it for 10 years. I always suffer from the mid project slump and struggle to keep motivated and thats on the 6 month jobs.

Ciao

• Like 3

sticking at it for 10 years

That would be 12, Phil.. don't short me. :) Yeah, on massive projects a guy can't look at the end or he will see how much work is to be done, and never finish it. It has to be, "today.. I'll start fabricating parts for the oleo on the landing gear." Nothing else. After that project is done.. you might think, "Hmmm. maybe I should figure out how to make those aluminum covers that fit over the landing gear struts." One project at a time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chuck said:

That would be 12, Phil.. don't short me. :) Yeah, on massive projects a guy can't look at the end or he will see how much work is to be done, and never finish it. It has to be, "today.. I'll start fabricating parts for the oleo on the landing gear." Nothing else. After that project is done.. you might think, "Hmmm. maybe I should figure out how to make those aluminum covers that fit over the landing gear struts." One project at a time.

Sorry Chuck 12 years. I thought I need to check that figure but forgot. Good advice, one step at a time, small bites, one day at a time,break it down to manageable pieces. Works for life as well:)

Ciao

• Like 2