taller wind screen

Colorobo

Not exactly an answer to your question, but I found the wind lips to be like extending the shield.  I've used them on just about every bike I've owned because I'm 6'4" and even extended windshields weren't enough.

I don't remember who makes it, but every time I search on lip now I get a plastic shield thing...   so maybe they don't make it anymore?  Hard to believe, but maybe someone else knows who makes the stuff.

Maybe these guys? I have one on my Caponord:

http://www.laminarlip.com

I haven't used that brand, but I did use a somewhat similar thing on my K1200 BMW. It was a detachable wing from an MRA shield (for another Bike). It had adjustable legs and I mounted it at the top of my windscreen. It worked well. What I discovered is, while it did not direct the wind up and past me, it created a turbulence at just the right spot in front of my head. This acted like a wall of sorts, which seriously reduced the direct winds that hit me in the face. I think the Laminar Lip works like that.

I met some old timer cross country bikers years ago at a rest stop out west. They used the 'lips' and swore by them. They advised me to start (on the beemer) with just adding some split tubing to the edge of my windscreen for an experiment. (of course the V11 comes with this) I could actually tell a difference in the effect it had on helmet buffeting. Not much, but noticeable. Point is, anything you can do to disrupt the air flow will show a range of effects on your helmet. You just have to find the sweet spot.

My red LM came with the higher MRA windscreen (4") and it's effect on me was not desirable. It did direct wind up, but it created more buffeting, which is what wears on my neck and shoulders. I find the stock screen to be just about right, but I wouldn't be afraid to play with a small wing if I found the right one.