Soft saddle bag recommendations

Cyborg

Could one of you kind fellows recommend some soft bags for the 2001 V11 Sport? Don't have to be fancy, just fit well and not require a second mortgage. A recommended source or a link to a recommended source would be appreciated.

I love my Tekno panniers :thumbsup:

I wish they fit further forward (I don't carry passengers), and the later generation racks and bags are better built

• Like 1

Plus 1 on the Tekno bags, I can pick up the rear of the bike using the brackets.

My bags are pretty faded though, any good fix for that?

Sent from my shoe phone!

Plus 1 on the Tekno bags, I can pick up the rear of the bike using the brackets.

My bags are pretty faded though, any good fix for that?

Sent from my shoe phone!

Several years back at a Spine Raid, I remarked at a guy's new-looking Teknos.

"Krylon satin black," says he. Since then, I scrub mine and *dust* them with a satin black spray paint every couple years. Works pretty decent! :thumbsup:

Nelson Rigg. Probably the best bang for the buck.

Close second is Ogio.

Wow - those are both great companies with excellent products.

Any pics of those mounted to a V11?

Has anyone out there tried fitting the Nelson Rigg CL-950 bags?

Decided to take a chance. Ordered Nelson Rigg CL 2020 tank bag and CL 950 bags all for $188.00.

Will post photos when they arrive if anyone is interested. If the bags don't fit, maybe I can convince the bride that they are supposed to be worn like wester gun holsters. She normally has a good sense of humour, so I may survive.

i used to have cortech bags on my 2003 lemans and they fit nice and cost less than $150...probably still cost less than $200 on www.revzilla.com.  The key is to mount the cross strap under the seat not over.  

IMG_0003.jpg

attachicon.gifmoto-guzzi-v11-le-mans-tenni-2002-8.jpg

I saw these while surfing the web for V11 luggage.  Are these an older style Cortech ?  I don't see ones like this from them now.   I thought they looked good and functional too --

yes those were the older ones.  The new ones look similar but a little bigger.