Decent Tune-up

docc

4 hours ago, mznyc said:

The CA site specifically say not for any other MG models...

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.23.30 PM.png

Working on my V11 Sport. I was using the Harley PF4C for many years. That worked fine as well.

Ok, back in the day, some suspender snapping pipe chewing Guzzi Guy gave them a rash of sh!t about (probably) his inability to tune a Guzzi with it. That is when that disclaimer came out. Same deal with Bub exhaust. Pogo was right. :oldgit::grin:

4 hours ago, docc said:

Working on my V11 Sport. I was using the Harley PF4C for many years. That worked fine as well.

There are 2 types of PF3C TPS sensors. A linear and non linear type. They can be distinguished by the fact that one will have adjusting slots for the mount screws and one doesn't. The non linear has the slots and the linear one doesn't.The TPS setting for this type is done via Guzzidiag or the Guzzi factory software.

The Non linear is the type fitted to V11's and has a voltage V output almost exactly the same as the old PF9 sensor. 

Ciao

5 hours ago, gstallons said:

So , this TPS is non-linear ?  

What is the reason / purpose of this ?

I dont know for sure but I think it gives you greater sensitivity at the lower throttle angles where most of the usage is. I guess that they eventually decided it wasn't necessary.

Meinolf or Paul will know for sure.

Ciao

• 3 weeks later...

OK,Got a Casper BO cable and ya,much easier to get a reading and from memory the last time I did the TPS never felt confident in the back probe reading,Caspers was a rock solid.Setting was way off 203ish,assuming last set was way off,moved over time or combination of both,but small throttle openings were always an issue since last TU,so assuming it was a bad setting by me at that time.I'll do a test ride and check it again and then do TB balance.Thanks !

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Completed this following the tutorial and it has made a huge difference. TPS was 80mv. A little hard to set exactly at 157 due to the throttle not settling in exactly the same position. Settled on a consistent closing of the throttle and not snapping it closed hard to set the TPS.

Never having dabbled with Guaai diag or tuner pro.....hell after 15 years of doing all my mechanical maintenance on Ducatis, Aprilia's and Triumphs, this is the first time I have ventured into the fueling adjustments and it was EASY!

Lambda has now been turned off which changed the CO from -128 to "0" so left that as is. Balance was out a bit using the Motion Pro Balance tubes. Might now hook up the PCIII and get it on the dyno. Haven't bothered up to now due to the Lambda control.

The bike now idles steadily where it was up and down with an occasional miss which i thought might have been a faulty/dirty crank position sensor. The tune fixed that. Also drastically reduced the constant throttle cough at 2-3k rpm around town. Only had this happen once so far. 

Now I can use the knowledge to balance the TB's on the ST. Great wright up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NicoNZ said:

Completed this following the tutorial and it has made a huge difference. TPS was 80mv. A little hard to set exactly at 157 due to the throttle not settling in exactly the same position. Settled on a consistent closing of the throttle and not snapping it closed hard to set the TPS.

Never having dabbled with Guaai diag or tuner pro.....hell after 15 years of doing all my mechanical maintenance on Ducatis, Aprilia's and Triumphs, this is the first time I have ventured into the fueling adjustments and it was EASY!

Lambda has now been turned off which changed the CO from -128 to "0" so left that as is. Balance was out a bit using the Motion Pro Balance tubes. Might now hook up the PCIII and get it on the dyno. Haven't bothered up to now due to the Lambda control.

The bike now idles steadily where it was up and down with an occasional miss which i thought might have been a faulty/dirty crank position sensor. The tune fixed that. Also drastically reduced the constant throttle cough at 2-3k rpm around town. Only had this happen once so far. 

Now I can use the knowledge to balance the TB's on the ST. Great wright up!

Why in gods name would you want to do that. You've just figured out Guzzidiag and want to go backwards to rubbish like a PC3!

Ciao 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, Lucky Phil said:

Why in gods name would you want to do that. You've just figured out Guzzidiag and want to go backwards to rubbish like a PC3!

Ciao 

Haha yep seen a bit of negativity on the PC3. I need to find a map for the 15RC. 

1 hour ago, NicoNZ said:

Haha yep seen a bit of negativity on the PC3. I need to find a map for the 15RC. 

Let me repeat your question to @Meinolf regarding his latest map and the 15RC.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Docc,
Your links in your 1st post for Guzzidiag software and diagnostic cables don't seem to work anymore (they take you to the homepage). Can they be renewed, or could you please respond with where to locate those when you have a moment? Many thanks.

• Thanks 1

The link in Step 3: "3) CO Fuel Trim: Using guzzidiag software interface" takes me to the thread "Basic guzzidiag tutorial for V11" where the first link is:

https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

That link takes me to the full GuzziDiag page with all of Beard's software links.

See if that sequence works for you. Thanks!